Tamanna Bhatia is an Indian Film Actress who mostly works in the Tamil and Telugu film industry. She is one of the most popular and leading South Indian Film Actress. In the age of 15, she made her acting debut with the film “Chand Sa Roshan Chehra”. She has also acted in the Indian blockbuster movie “Bahubali”. Tamanna is one of the highest-paid actresses in South Indian cinema. She is a recipient of several awards including the “Dayawati Modi” Award in 2017.
Tamanna Bhatia Biography & Wiki
Tamanna Bhatia’s nickname is Tammy and Milk Beauty. She was born on 21 December 1989 Mumbai, Maharashtra, India in a Punjabi family of Sindhi descent. Hence, her current age is 34 years. Tamanna’s Zodiac is Sagittarius.
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height in Centimeters||165 cm|
|Height in Meters||1.65 m|
|Height in Feet Inches||5′ 5″|
|Weight in Kilograms||55 Kg|
|Weight in Pounds||121 lbs|
|Dress Size||6 (US)|
|Eye Color||Hazel Brown|
Tamanna’s father, Santhosh Bhatia, is a Diamond Merchant. Her mother Rajani Bhatia, is a homemaker. She has an elder brother named, Anand Bhatia
Boys, affairs, spouse name
Tamanna Bhatia met Virat Kohli during the shoot of the Celkon mobile ad in 2012 and the pair were alleged to be in love with each other. As per media, there were rumours that the couple had been dating for a while. However, the actress later denied all rumours of dating.
According to some sources, Tamannah was rumoured to be dating a doctor in the United States and was ready to tie the knot with him in 2019. The actress herself never spoke about her relationship, though Rajini apparently revealed on a top media portal that her daughter’s husband likes her very much. Later, however, Tamanna denied all the rumours and said that she was very unmarried.
Education and School, College
Tamanna Bhatia was educated at the Maneckji Cooper Education Trust School, Mumbai. She was a good student in school. She had received a degree in Bachelor of Art (distance education)from National colege, Mumbai.
Favourite Things and Hobbies
|Favourite Actor(s)||Mahesh Babu, Hrithik Roshan|
|Favourite Actress||Madhuri Dixit|
|Favourite Bollywood Films||Mughal-E-Azam, Dil To Pagal Hai, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge|
|Favourite Hollywood Films||Titanic, Life is Beautiful, Erin Brockovich|
|Favourite Tollywood Film||Anand (Telugu)|
|Favourite Colour(s)||Red, Blue|
|Favourite Destination(s)||Paris, Dubai, Kashmir|
Tamanna Bhatia filmography
Tamanna Bhatia started acting as soon as she completed her +2. At the age of 13, Tamannaah was performing at her school’s annual function, she was noticed by a director who offered her a lead role in a film. She has been a part of Mumbai’s Prithvi Theatre for a year. Many think that Tamannaah migrated from the South Indian Film Industry to Bollywood. Still, she started her career with the Hindi film “Chand Sa Roshan Chehra,” which went unnoticed at the box office, and then, ventured into the South Film Industry. She appeared in Abhijeet Sawant’s music video in 2005. Even though “Himmatwala“, her first commercial movie in Bollywood, met a disastrous end at the box office, she was offered right roles in subsequent films.
Tamannaah faced disappointment with her Telugu debut and moved to the Tamil Film Industry, where she became an instant hit. After doing a few projects in the Tamil Film Industry, she went back to feature in the Telugu Films and bagged many successful roles. Her acting was first recognized in her debut Telugu film “Sri,” opposite Manoj Kumar in 2006. Some of her popular Tamil movies are “Ayan,” “Paiyaa,” “Siruthai,” “Veeram,” “Dharma Durai,” “Devi,” and “Sketch.” Tammana has also featured in many successful Telugu films like “100% Love,” “Thadaka,” “Baahubali: The Beginning,” “Bengal Tiger,” and “Baahubali 2: The Conclusion.“
Unlike many models who venture into the films after collecting suitable experience in modelling, Tamannaah first featured into movies and then endorsed various brands as a model. She has supported many famous brands like “Celkon Mobiles,” “Fanta” and “Chandrika Ayurvedic Soap.”
She has also walked the ramp for various fashion designers.
Awards and Recognition
- Kalaimamani Award for excellence in the field of art and literature (2010)
- B.Nagi Reddy Memorial Award for Contributions to Telugu cinema (2012)
- Dayawati Modi Global Award as Youth Icon of the Year for the Contributions in the field of Cinema (2017)
- Honorary Doctorate from CIAC, in association with KEISIE International University, South Korea for the contribution to Indian cinema (2017)
- Dada Saheb Phalke Excellence Award for her outstanding performance at Bahubali-the beginning (2018)
Salary and Net Worth
Tamanna’s asked ₹1-1.75 Crore for every movie she played. She has a net worth of $15. She lives in a luxury pod near Juhu in Mumbai along with her family.
|House Address||Juhu, Mumbai, Maharastra, India.|
|Phone Number||She didn’t like to share her Phone number publicly.|
- The director, Suraj, reportedly made some sexist remarks while talking about Tamannaah’s costumes in the film “Kaththi Sandai,” which kicked up a controversy. Later, the actress made a Tweet seeking an apology from the director not just to herself but to all women in the cinema industry.
- Tamannaah Bhatia landed into a controversy after the film producer, Salim Akhtar, filed a complaint against Tamannaah at the Association of Motion Picture and Television Programme Producers (AMPTPP) for breaking a Bollywood Contract. As per the contract, she was supposed to pay 25% of her remuneration for the next five years to Salim. But the actress never honoured the agreement. The issue later sent to the Kolkata High Court. However, her father said that Tamannaah did not sign any contract and that she was minor at the time of her film debut.
- In January 2018, an engineering student hurled a shoe at Tamannaah in Hyderabad while the actress was there to inaugurate a jewellery store. Nevertheless, the shoe missed its aim but the actress shivered by the incident. The miscreant stated that he was a massive fan of the actress and did the act as he was upset over her roles in films.
Facts about Tamanna Bhatia
- Tamanna is popular in Tamil and Telugu industries with the name ‘Milk Beauty,’ because of her white complexion.
- In an interview, Tamannaah stated that she would never wear a bikini on screen.
- Bhatia has featured on the covers of magazines like “FHM India,” “Lifestyle,” and “The Peacock Magazine.”
- She featured in a PETA advertisement, encouraging people to purchase cosmetics that have not tested on animals.
- In March 2015, Tamannaah signed as the brand ambassador of the channel, Zee Telugu.
- In the same year, she started a jewellery business named White-n-Gold. The brand had its stores in Mumbai and Banglore, and the website was launched on 20 April 2015. Tamannaah was also the creative head of the brand.
- In 2016, Tamannaah made the Brand Ambassador of the Government of India’s campaign Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao, an initiative of FOGSI.
- In 2018, she appeared in the opening ceremony of the IPL. Reportedly, she charged Rs. Fifty lakhs for a 10-minute performance on four songs from different languages (Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, and Hindi).