Taapsee Pannu is an actress and model known for her work in South Indian and Bollywood movies. She was made her screen debut with Telugu Movie “Jhummandi Naadam” (2010) as Sravya. She is the recipient of two Filmfare Awards and has been featured in Forbes India’s Celebrity 100 list since 2018.
Taapsee Pannu Biography & Wiki
Taapsee Pannu’s nickname is Maggie, Glam-doll, and Goddess of Flop Heroes. She was born on 1 August 1987 in New Delhi, Indian, in a Sikh family. Hence, her current age is 34 years. Taapsee’s Zodiac is Leo.
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height in centimeters||165 cm|
|Height in meters||1.65 m|
|Height in feet inches||5’ 4″|
|Weight in Kilograms||53 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||116 lbs|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
Taapsee Pannu Family Members
Taapsee Pannu Father’s name is Dilmohan Singh Pannu, and her mother’s name is Nirmaljeet Pannu. She has a younger sister named Shagun Pannu.
Boys, affairs, spouse name
Taapsee is unmarried. Taapsee Pannu has dated Tamil film actor Mahat Raghavendra for two years and later broke up. Also, there was a buzz that Taapsee Pannu had an affair with actor Varun Dhawan. Furthermore, there was a buzz of romance where leading tabloids reported that Tapsee Panu and Saqib Saleem shared some romantic moments as their official social media accounts sparked some of their cute pictures.
Later, Saqib refused that they never dated each other and Taapsee nothing more than a good friend. Furthermore, it is also rumored that Taapsee Pannu is dating a sports player, an Olympic silver medallist, badminton player named Mathias Boe(Denmark).
Education and School, College
Taapsee completed her schooling at Mata Jai Kaur Public School, Ashok Vihar, Delhi. Later she completed B.Tech in Computer Science from Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute of Technology, New Delhi. During her graduation, she is a bright student, and She had developed an iPhone FontSwap App.
Favorites Things and Like & Dislike
|Favourite Actor||Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Suriya, Ranbir Kapoor, Prabhas, Robert Downey Jr.|
|Favourite Actress||Priyanka Chopra, Priyamani|
|Favourite Film||Rockstar and The Twilight Series|
|Favourite Singer||Arjit Singh|
|Favourite cartoon character||Powerpuff girl|
|Favorite Song||Dhichkyaaon from the film Chashme Baddoor|
|Favourite Food||Danish pastries, Chinese Cuisines, Parathas, Chole Puri, Kachori, Papri Chaat|
|Hobbies||Reading, Riding Bikes, Playing Squash, Dancing|
|Favourite Travel Destination||Europe, Maldives|
Taapsee Pannu filmography
Taapsee debuted in 2010 from “Jhummandi Naadam,” which was a Telugu Movie, but the movie did not well in the box office. After that, Taapsee made her Tamil debut in the same year from “Aadukalam” movie, and the movie won six awards in the 58th National Film Awards. Critics and audiences highly appreciate Taapsee’s performance. In 2013, she also debuted in Bollywood through the movie named “Chashme Baddoor.”
Later She has acted in many Hindi films such as – “Baby” (2015), “Pink” (2016), “The Ghazi Attack” (2017), “Naam Shabana‘ (2017), ‘Judwaa 2” (2017), “Dil Juunglee” (2018), “Manmarziyaan” (2018), “Soorma” (2018), “Badla” (2019), “Mission Mangal” (2019), “Saand Ki Aankh” (2019) and “Thappad” (2020). among them, “Pink” was the movie through which Taapsee gained national popularity, and critics highly appreciated her performance. “Looop Lapeta,” “Dobaaraa,” “Rashmi Rocket,” “Haseen Dillruba” are Taapsee’s upcoming projects. She also portrays cricketer Mithali Raj in “Shabaash Mitthu,” which is also her upcoming project.
Salary and Net Worth
As per sources, Taapsee takes ₹60-70 Lakh per movie, and her estimated net worth is $1 million.
|Phone Number||She didn’t like to share his Phone number publicly.|
|Email Id||Not Available|
Award And Recognitions
- Because of Taapsee’s brilliant performance in the Indian film industry, she is the recipient of several awards, including two Filmfare Awards.
- In, 2017 she received “International Indian Film Academy Awards” in the category of “Woman Of The Year” for the movie “Pink.”
- In 2020, Taapsee was honored by the “65th Filmfare Awards” in the category of “Critics Award for Best Actress” for the movie “Saand Ki Aankh.”
- Furthermore, she received the “66th Filmfare Awards” in the category of “Best Actress” for the movie “Thappad”.
- In 2012, there was a buzz that Taapsee was behind the fight between Kollywood actor Mahat Raghavendra and Tollywood actor Manchu Manoj at a party after the Filmfare awards in Chennai.
- Later, in 2018, after the release of her film ‘Manmarziyaan,’ the members of the Sikh community objected to the smoking scenes by the Sikh characters of the film, after which the producers of the film deleted those scenes. Taapsee Pannu, a Sikh, also responded to the controversy with few tweets, and even a troll threatened to beat her up.
- Furthermore, on 3 March 2021, in a series of raids on Anurag Kashyap, Taapsee Pannu, and Vikas Bahl conducted by the Income Tax department, the discrepancy and manipulation in income worth Rs. 650 crore was found. The I-T dept. Officials also revealed tax implications of about Rs. 350 crores; moreover, the officials also found unaccounted Rs. 5 crores cash received by a leading actress. Later, the raids were slammed by opposition parties on the pretext that the government was taking vengeance against those who criticized the government’s policies and who supported the farmer’s protest against the three farm bills passed by the Modi government.
- At last, Taapsee Pannu and Kangana, Ranaut war makes headlines one after another day. This war does not end soon.
Facts about Taapsee Pannu
- Taapsee learned Kathak dance for eight years from the famous Birju Maharaj’s disciples.
- She also trained Bharatnatyam Dancer.
- Taapsee had a very academic personality in her school, and she was hardly interested in becoming an actress.
- She was very much active in her school days, as she worked as a public speaker and used to participate in almost all festival competitions.
- Taapsee also had cleared the CAT MBA entrance exam with a Score of 88%, but she didn’t get the admission where she wanted.
- Since her college days, she has been doing various modeling ads to manage her extra daily expenses.
- Taapsee Pannu first stepped into the glam world as a participant on Channel V Get Gorgeous pageant.
- She also participated in Miss India 2008 pageant and got the Pantaloons Femina Miss Fresh Face titles and Safi Femina Miss Beautiful Skin titles.
- Taapsee is among the few South Indian actresses to have had seven releases in a single year (2011).
- She is co-founder of The Wedding Factory with her sister.
- According to Forbes India, Taapsee has earned 6.18 crore in 2019 and Ranked 68 in Forbes’ 2019 Celebrity 100.
- She wants to marry someone who is not from the entertainment industry.
- She also has remained the popular face of magazines like “Just For Women” and “MaaStars.”
- Taapsee has a huge crush on actor Ranbir Kapoor.
- In 2019, Taapsee Pannu raised awareness about children’s health and gender parity on Twitter with the hashtag #WhyTheGap.
- In an interview with Behindwoods, she shared that whosoever she meets, they always ask her about the meaning of her name, and it happens almost every time.
- She prefers to play squash for at least half-hour every day.