Sushant Singh Rajput was an Indian Bollywood personality, dancer, actor, philanthropist, and entrepreneur. He began his career with television serials. He comes into the limelight for his portrayal role “Manav Deshmukh” in the TV serial Pavitra Rishta. Moreover, he debuted in Bollywood with 2013’s film “Kai Po Che!”.
Sushant Singh Rajput Biography & Wiki
Sushant’s nicknames were Guddu, Gulshan, and SSR. He was born on 21 January 1986 in Maldiha, Purnea, Bihar, in a Rajput family, and he died on 14 June 2020 At his flat on Hill Road, Bandra, Mumbai. Sushant’s Zodiac was Aquarius.
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height in centimetres||183 cm|
|Height in meters||1.83 m|
|Height in feet inches||6′|
|Weight in Kilograms||74 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||163 lbs|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
Sushant Singh Rajput Tattoos
Sushant had gotten a tattoo inked on his back in the memory of his mother. His sister, Priyanka, helped him to get the design of his tattoo finalized. The famous tattoo artist Sameer Patange was the man behind the creation of Sushant’s tattoo. While talking about the tattoo in an interview, he said, “The tattoo is a symbolic representation of five elements. My mother and I are in the center, implying a bond that not even time can defy. The five elements are widely accepted symbols. However, the idea of using my mother and me as elements was thought of by my sister and me.”
Sushant Singh Rajput Family Members
Sushant’s father’s name is Krishna Kumar Singh, a retired employee of BISCOMAUN, Patna, and mother was Late Usha Singh, died in 2002 of a brain hemorrhage. He has four elder sisters: his sister, Mitu Singh, a state-level cricket player, his other sister Priyanka Singh, a Lawyer. Shweta Singh and Neetu Singh also his sister.
Girls, affairs, spouse name
Sushant was in a relationship with Ankita Lokhande. After six years of their relationship, the couple broke up in 2016.
It was later rumored that Sushant Singh Rajput was dating his other co-star, Kriti Sanon, from the stage of “Raabta.”
After that, during the “Kedarnath” movie shooting, Sushant Singh Rajput and Sara Ali khan dated each other, it was a short relationship, and they broke up in 2019.
Finally, Sushant had a relationship with Rhea Chakraborty.
Education and School, College
Sushant Singh Rajput went to St. Karen’s High School in Patna for elementary study. Later he attended Kulachi Hansraj Model School in New Delhi because His family moved to Delhi following his mother’s death in 2002. After that, he ranked seventh in the DCE entrance exam and secured admission in the Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) class at Delhi College of Engineering.
Moreover, he also won the National Olympiad in Physics, and he cleared 11 engineering entrance exams. Sushant completed only three years of the four-year course before dropping out to pursue an acting career.
Favorites Things and Like & Dislike
|Favourite Sports||Cricket, Football, Tennis|
|Favourite Cricketer||Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly and M.S.Dhoni|
|Favourite Actor||James Dean, Ryan Gosling, Keanu Reeves, Shah Rukh Khan, Daniel Day-Lewis|
|Favourite Actress||Isha Sherwani, Tabu, Madhuri Dixit Nene and Jennifer Lawrence|
|Favourite Directors||Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Raj Kumar Hirani, Anand Gandhi|
|Favourite Hobbies||Gazing Stars, Reading the Works of Great Philosophers, Learning About the Latest Scientific Advancements|
|Favourite Director||Sanjay Leela Bhansali|
|Favourite Foods||Rajmah Chawal, Aloo Paranthas, Chicken, Lobsters, Prawns, Pani Puri|
|Favourite Beverages||Tea with lots of sugar, Lime Juice|
|Favourite Destination||Norway, New Zealand|
|Favorite Cars||Maserati Quattroporte, Range Rover|
|Favorite Bike||Harley Davidson|
Sushant Singh Rajput’s Filmography
During his course at the Delhi College of Engineering, he enrolled himself in Shiamak Davar’s dance classes. Soon afterwards, he also began attending acting classes under the theatre director Barry John. Later, Sushant also features as a background dancer in the Dhoom Again song of “Dhoom 2” and in Aishwarya Rai Bachchan s performance at the closing ceremony of the 2006 “Commonwealth Games.”
After that, Sushant Singh Rajput moved to Mumbai and joined Nadira Babbar’s theatre group. During a theatre performance, he earned the attention of the casting team of Balaji Telefilms. Later he was approached by the Balaji Telefilms for the role of Preet Juneja in “Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil.” His character did kill relatively early in the show.
Later, in 2009, he appeared in “Pavitra Rishta” as Manav Deshmukh, a serious and mature character working as a mechanic to help support his family. He got his 1st breakthrough through his fantastic performance and was also awarded in several categories. After that, he also appeared as a participant in the dance reality show “Zara Nachke Dikha 2” on Star plus. Later he was seen in another dance-based reality show, “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4” on Sony. In October 2011, Sushant decided to quit Pavitra Rishta to pursue a film-making course abroad.
After that, in 2013, he got a chance to appear in the film “Kai Po Che!”, the film proved to be a critical and commercial success. Later Sushant appeared in “Suddh Desi Romance.”
After the commercial success of some movies, Sushant Singh Rajput got chanced to work in several prominent films such as “PK” (2014), “Detective Byomkesh Bakshy” (2015), “M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story” (2016), “Raabta” (2017), “Welcome to New York” and “Kedarnath” (2018). His film “M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story” was one of the highest-grossing Bollywood films based on Indian cricketer “Mahendra Singh Dhoni,” and critics appreciated his performances. Also, “Kedarnath” and “Chhichhore” were two big hits of Sushant’s life. Sushant’s last movie was “Dil Bechara,” which was released digitally on the Disney+ Hotstar streaming service on 24 July 2020 after Sushant’s death.
Award And Recognitions
- For his role in “Pavitra Rishta,” he received several awards. Few of them were, in 2010 Indian Television Academy Awards(Most Popular Actor Male), BIG Star Entertainment Awards(Best Television Actor Male), Gold Awards(Best Actor in a Lead Role), and also in 2011, FICCI Frames Excellence Honours (Best TV Actor Male), Producers Guild Film Awards(Best Male Debut).
- In 2014, Sushant also received Screen Awards in Best Male Debut for his debuted film “Kai Po Che!”.
- Furthermore, he received in 2016 Screen Awards (Best Actor Critics) and also in 2017, Indian Film Festival of Melbourne(Best Actor) for “M.S Dhoni: The Untold Story.”
Salary and Net Worth
As per Sushant took ₹ 6 Crore/film, and his estimated net worth was ₹ 59 Crore.
|Phone Number||He didn’t like to share his Phone number publicly.|
|Email Id||Not Available|
- In 2015, Ankita Lokhande, the ex-girlfriend of Sushant Singh Rajput, publicly slapped him outside Yashraj Studios in Andheri. According to sources, after checking Sushant’s cellphone, the actress shouted a “Thank You” before hitting him.
- Also, he was even rumored to have been secretly married to Ankita in 2015. Reportedly, they tied the knot in Ujjain after Ankita’s parents insisted on getting married to Sushant as they were skeptical about her decision to live in with Sushant.
- He further attracted controversy when he had removed his surname “Rajput” in 2017 amid the growing protest against Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s film “Padmavat” by the Karni Sena.
- Late, in 2017, when Shahid Kapoor was awarded the Best Actor Award at IIFA, Sushant tweeted: “@iifa hahahaha.” His tweet was taken as sarcasm on social media, and he was heavily trolled.
- Furthermore, in February 2018, Sushant reportedly abused his fans who had gathered outside his Bandra house, requesting selfies with the actor. Later, his fans hit Sushant’s watchman, who had also started abusing them.
- Then, in the wake of the #MeToo movement and as a mark of protest, Twitter immediately removed Sushant’s verified badge after the reports of his indecent behavior with Sanjana spread on social media. However, he later clarified that the verification tick had not been there for a long time.
- In August 2018, Sushant landed into a controversy after he allegedly behaved flirtatiously with his co-star, Sanjana Sanghi. There were also reports of him sexually harassing the actress on the sets of the film. However, the actor refuted all the rumors and also shared his chat screenshots with Sanjana. Later, Sanjana took to Twitter and dismissed the ‘baseless and unfounded stories’ that were doing the rounds on the internet. She wrote, “I’d like to clarify that no such incident took place with me. Let’s put an end to these conjectures.”
Facts about Sushant Singh Rajput
- Sushant was very close to his mother. However, he lost his mother when he was just 16 years old in 2002. After that, he expressed his love for his mother on various occasions. Sushant also wrote a few poems in her memory.
- Few days before his death, Sushant shared a photo of his mother, along with a post, on Instagram on 3 June 2020.
- In an interview, Sushant also revealed that he was timid in his childhood and had difficulty expressing or communicating with others. Still, he always wanted to get noticed, so he worked very hard at his studies to score excellent marks.
- He had bought his first bike, a modified Honda CBR, with the savings from giving tuitions to engineering students.
- Sushant first came into the limelight by doing a TV commercial for Nestle Munch, which became very popular. Later, he also appeared in the same advertisement in 2015 with a new flavor.
- According to Sushant, Aishwarya was the first Star from Bollywood to become his dance partner.
- In 2006 closing ceremony of the Commonwealth Games. When Sushant got to opportunity to dance behind Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, in one step where Sushant have to lift Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, then Aishwarya Rai Bachchan said, “Please don’t drop me, Sushant.”
- According to sources, when Shekhar Kapur offered him a role in the film “Paani,” Sushant rejected twelve films to appear in the movie. However, the film was later shelved.
- When he came to Mumbai, he had three dreams: first, to work in a Yash Raj Film, second, to do a Pepsi ad commercial, and third, to be on the cover of Filmfare Magazine, and he had achieved them all.
- Also, Sushant Singh Rajput was fascinated with the work of Nawazuddin Siddiqui and had often praised his acting skills.
- He was a passionate animal lover and had a pet dog, Fudge.
- Furthermore, in 2018, Sushant had donated ₹1 crore to the Chief Minister’s Distress Relief Fund on behalf of a fan and then shared a screenshot of his donation in the fan’s name with the hashtag ‘My Kerala.’
- He wanted to become an astronaut and later an air force pilot.
- In 2018, he fulfilled his childhood desire to become a pilot. Although he couldn’t become a licensed pilot, he bought an expensive Boeing 737 Fixed Base Flight Simulator to learn flying airplanes.
- Also, Sushant Singh Rajput had a deep fascination with space and the things surrounding it. For that reason, he owned a Meade LX600 telescope which is considered one of the most advanced telescopes in the world.
- Although, his curiosity in outer space led him to NASA, where he completed a certified instructor’s course to get selected for the 2024 space mission.
- Also, Sushant underwent training at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) to “Chanda Mama Door Ke.”
- Sushant wanted to Plant 1000 Trees.
- He also wanted to teach women self-defense and send 100 kids for workshops in ISRO/NASA.
- Sushant became the first Indian to buy a piece of land on Moon when he bought the lunar area called the “Mare Muscoviense” or the “Sea of Muscovy” from the “International Lunar Lands Registry.”
- In May 2019, Sushant visited his ancestral home in Bihar after almost 17 years. Sushant, who had lost his mother at the age of 16, went there to fulfill his late mother’s wish. He performed an old ritual of ‘Mundan’ at a temple in Khagaria. Although he did not shave off his complete hair, he completed the ceremony by trimming off a standard that was his last visit.
- While Sushant was quarantined at his home in April 2020, he had revealed how he been trying to learn “coding” and called it super exciting; The actor expressed that he always loved computer gaming and was keen on learning the language behind it.