Sidharth Malhotra is a Bollywood actor and former model. After working as a trainee assistant director to Karan Johar for the 2010 film “My Name Is Khan”,. He debuted with the film “Student of the Year” under the direction of Karan Johar in 2012.
Sidharth Malhotra Biography & Wiki
Sidharth Malhotra’s nickname is Sid. He was born on 16 January 1985 in Delhi, India, in a Punjabi Hindu family. His current age is 36 years. Sidharth’s Zodiac is Capricorn.
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height in centimeters||185 cm|
|Height in meters||1.85 m|
|Height in feet inches||6’ 1”|
|Weight in Kilograms||80 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||176 lbs|
Sidharth Malhotra Family Members
Sidharth’s father’s name is Sunil Malhotra, a captain in the Merchant Navy, and his mother Rimma Malhotra, a homemaker. He has one sibling, Harshad Malhotra, who is a banker.
Girls, affairs, spouse name
Sidharth Malhotra is unmarried. As per the rumours, Sidharth Malhotra was in a relationship with Alia Bhatt. Alia Bhatt is a very famous actress in the Bollywood industry. Sidharth Malhotra and Alia Bhatt were spotted almost in every vacation and party together.
There was a buzz on media that Sidharth Malhotra and Jacqueline Fernandez were dated each -other. Also, it rumoured that the growing closeness between the two actors led to his and Alia’s breakup. After that, as per the media, Sidharth Malhotra had a relationship with Kiara Advani. Later, there is news that Sidharth Malhotra dated Tara Sutaria.
Education and School, College
Sidharth studied at Delhi’s Don Bosco School and Birla Vidya Niketan and completed his B.Com from Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, University of Delhi.
Favourites Things and Like & Dislike
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan, George Clooney, And Johnny Depp|
|Favourite Actress||Kajol, Deepika Padukone, Kareena Kapoor, And Katrina Kaif|
|Favourite Films||Agneepath, Andaz Apna Apna, Chupke Chupke, Sholay, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, And Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham,|
|Favourite Hobbies||Gymming, And Drawing Cartoons|
|Favourite Director||Imtiaz Ali, Rajukumar Hirani, And Zoya Akhtar|
|Favourite Perfume||Fierce by Abercrombie And Fitch”|
|Favourite Foods||Jalebi, Hot Chocolate Fudge, Sushi, Biryani And Chicken Roll Munch|
|Favourite Color||Black And White|
|Favourite Destination||New York, And Goa|
|Favourite Car||Mercedes Benz ML Class ML 250|
Sidharth Malhotra’s Filmography
Sidharth Malhotra was a successful model, but he quite professional because he wants to explore his career in acting. He auditioned for Anubhav Sinha’s movie, but the movie was cancelled later due to some reason. After that, Sidharth worked as a trainee assistant director for the film “My Name Is Khan” (2010). In 2012, Sidharth Malhotra debuted as a lead actor through the movie “Student of the Year“. Film critic Rajeev Masand of CNN-IBN considered his performance to be “earnest”, adding that he had “a pleasing presence”. “Student of the Year was a financial success, grossing ₹700 million (US$9.8 million) domestically.
After that, Sidharth also featured in some hit Bollywood movies like “Hasee Toh Phasee” (2014), “Ek Villain” (2014), “Brothers” (2015), and “Kapoor & Sons” (2016). “Shershaah“, “Thank God“, and “Mission Majnu” are three upcoming projects of Sidharth.
Award And Recognitions
- In 2013, Sidharth received three awards for his debuted Bollywood movie named “Student of the Year”. Out of three, two were “Stardust Awards” in the category of ‘Most Promising Debut Male’ and ‘Best Breakthrough Performance – Male’, and rest “South Africa India Film and Television Awards” in the category of ‘Debut Actor of the Year — Male’.
- Sidharth Malhotra also got two “Filmfare Glamour And Style Awards” in the category of “Emerging Face of Fashion – Male” (2014) and “Most Stylish Star – Male” (2016).
- In 2017, Sidharth also received “GQ Awards” in the ‘Most Stylish Man of the Year’ category.
- In 2017, he was also honoured with the ‘HT Most Stylish Readers’ Choice Actor’ category in the “Hindustan Times Most Stylish Awards“.
Salary and Net Worth
Sidharth Malhotra takes ₹3-5 Crore per movie, and his estimated net worth around $10 Million.
Sidharth Malhotra Contact Address
|House address||Plush Apartment in Mumbai|
|Phone Number||He didn’t like to share his Phone number publicly.|
|Email Id||Not Available|
- He sued his two fans for Rs 10 Crores. Two siblings from Delhi opened a fan club website of Siddharth and started selling merchandise and t-shirts too in the star’s name.
- He further attracted controversy. In 2018, When the “Aiyaary” (2018) team visited Bigg Boss 11, Manoj Bajpayee asked Sidharth to deliver a dialogue in Bhojpuri, “Shikar to sab khu karela, lekin baagh jaisan Sikar kehu na kare.” He repeated the lines after Manoj Bajpayee and said, “Aisa lag Raha ki neeche baitha Hua hai, latrine me. Bathroom me kar rahe hain ki kaha hain? Neetu Chandra(Bhojpuri actress) and Manoj Tiwari( Bhojpuri actor and singer) slammed Sidharth for derogatory. Also, FIRs were filed by people from different parts of the country against the actor. Later, Sidharth apologized with a tweet on Twitter.
- Later, Sidharth stuck on the controversy on a talk show when he commented on Madhuri Dixit that he would love to take her on the bed.
- Also, Sidharth Malhotra loses face over the Nirav Modi scandal. Sidharth Malhotra was the brand ambassador of Nirav Modi’s diamond jewellery. However, after revealing Nirav Modi’s scam, Sidharth Malhotra backed out of an endorsement deal with Nirav Modi’s diamond jewellery.
Facts about Sidharth Malhotra
- Sidharth’s parents wanted him to become an engineer, but he had no interest in studies. Instead, he was inclined towards sports, and also, he has been interested in drama and often participated in dance and drama shows.
- Also, he used to play rugby for a club in Delhi.
- At the age of 16, Sidharth Malhotra made a headstart towards his acting career with “Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan”, aired on Star Plus, in which he played the role of Jaichand (younger Prithvi Raj Chauhan’s brother).
- He is an animal lover and has one pet dog. Also, Sidharth collaborated with “PETA” for a campaign to create awareness about dogs.
- In 2007, Sidharth won the “Mr. Gujarat title” and was the second runner-up in the “Gladrags mega-model competition”.
- He has faced a lot of struggle in his life, as he also worked as a clapper boy to make the film “Ra.One” (2011).
- Famous Designer Manish Malhotra helped him a lot in his initial struggling days.
- In 2008, Sidharth was supposed to make his Bollywood debut with the film “Fashion” opposite Priyanka Chopra, but it couldn’t happen due to his contract with Gladrags.
- Sidharth has been Prominently featured on the list of Times of “India’s Most Desirable Men of 2012” (2013) and also Times of India’s “Most Desirable Men of 2013” (2014).
- In 2013, he was also Prominently featured on the list The Times of India “Hotlist Most Promising Newcomer 2012” (2013), and the same year Sidharth has Prominently featured in The Times of India “50 Handsome Hunks in 100 years of Indian Cinema”.
- Sidharth Malhotra performed at an event in 2013 alongside Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt, Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor, and Huma Qureshi to raise funds for the flood-affected victims of Uttarakhand.
- In August 2016, he performed in various USA cities as a part of the “Dream Team 2016” tour.
- He told in an interview that chocolate is his weakness. He can work out more but can’t live without it, and in his childhood, he used to take money from his granny by telling a lie that he wanted it for something and used to spend it on hot chocolate every time.
- For his film “Brothers” (2015), Sidharth gained around 10 kg of weight to match the physique of Akshay Kumar, not only, but he also used to bathe with ice-cold water.
- In 2014, his film “Ek Villain” received great laurels from the audience. Moreover, Salman Khan loved the movie and gifted him a watch.
- He shot to fame after working for the renowned international designer Roberto Cavalli’s advertisement campaigns. Then he got back-to-back features on several magazines like “Redbook”, “Gladrags”, and “Men’s Health”.
- In 2015, Tourism New Zealand roped in Sidharth Malhotra as the first brand ambassador.
- In 2016, he decided to endorse a personal grooming “Major Brylcreem,” and in the same year, Sidharth was named the brand ambassador of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Skill India Campaign.
- Sidharth also endorsed many popular brands like “Oppo F5”, “BRU Coffee”, “Coca Cola”, “Pepe Jeans”, “Metro Shoes”, “Men’s Fair and Lovely”, “Aquamagica”, “American Swan”, “Cornetto” and “Euro Fashions”.
- He was a big fan of Shah Rukh Khan’s “Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge” (1995) hairdo that he used to roam around with that hairstyle in his school.