Shah Rukh Khan is one of the most famous and richest Indian actor, film producer, and television personality. His fans give him many names like Baadshah, SRK, King of Bollywood, King Khan, King of Romance, etc. Shah Rukh Khan debuts in Bollywood 26 years ago with Deewana but even today the actor continues to rule Bollywood.
Biography & Wiki
SRK’s grandmother gave his name Abdul Rehman but his father makes it Shah Rukh. He was born on 2 November 1965 in New Delhi, India. Hence, his current age is 33 years. Shah Rukh’s Zodiac is Scorpio.
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height (approx.) in centimeters||173 cm|
|Height (approx.) in meters||1.73 m|
|Height (approx.) in feet inches||5’ 8”|
|Weight (approx.) in kilograms||75 kg|
|Weight (approx.) in pounds||165 lbs|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
Shah Rukh’s father’s name is Taj Mohammad Khan who is a Businessman. His mother’s name is Lateef Fatima who is a Magistrate and a Social Worker. He has an elder sister named Shehnaz Lalarukh Khan.
Education and School, College
Shah Rukh Khan completed his schooling from the St. Columba’s School, Delhi. After that, he completed his graduation in Economics from the Hansraj College, University of Delhi. He also completed his post-graduate in Mass Communications in Filmmaking from the Jamia Millia Islamia University in New Delhi.
Girls, affairs, spouse name
On 25 October 1991, he was married to his college girlfriend Gauri Chibber. She is now an Indian film producer and an interior designer. He has two sons named Aryan Khan, AbRam Khan and one daughter named Suhana Khan.
Favorite Things and Hobbies
|Favorite Food||Tandoori Chicken, Chinese Cuisines|
|Favorite Beverage(s)||Pepsi, Coffee|
|Favorite Actor in Hollywood||Michael J. Fox, Peter Sellers|
|Favorite Actor in Bollywood||Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favorite Actresses||Mumtaz, Saira Banu|
|Favorite TV Show||Narcos (An American Crime Drama)|
|Favorite Colour(s)||Blue, Black, White|
|Favorite Phrase||‘Let’s do it’|
|Favorite Destination(s)||London & Dubai|
|Favorite Perfume(s)||Diptyque, Armani, Tuscany, and Azzaro|
|Favorite Book||The Hitchhiker’s Guide to The Galaxy (Author Douglas)|
|Favorite Outfit(s)||Jeans, T-Shirt, and Jacket|
|Favorite Male Co-Stars||Sanjay Dutt, Anil Kapoor, Jackie Shroff|
|Favorite Female Co-Stars||Juhi Chawla, Kajol, Madhuri Dixit|
|Favorite Film Director||Manmohan Desai|
|Favorite Music Director||A. R. Rahman|
|Favorite Sport(s)||Hockey, Football, Cricket|
|Favorite Soccer Player(s)||Socrates, Pele, Maradona, and Mattheus|
|Favorite Fashion Designer(s)||Dolce & Gabbana|
|Favorite Historical Person(s)||Genghis Khan, Hitler, Napoleon|
|Favorite Spice||Red Chillies|
Shah Rukh Khan filmography
Shah Rukh Khan first starts acting on television with Lekh Tandon’s television series Dil Dariya. But because of production delayed Fauji becoming his television debut in 1989. After that, he appeared in Aziz Mirza’s television series Circus.
He has done small roles in the TV serials like “Umeed,” “Wagle Ki Duniya,” and “Mahan Karz.” He even featured in the English film “In Which Annie Gives It Those Ones,” in which he worked with Arundhati Roy. The film is also considered his debut English film.
In 1991 after his mom passed on, Shahrukh moved from Delhi to Mumbai and signed 4 movies consecutive. His film debut was in Deewana, which was released in June 1992. He got Filmfare Best Male Debut Award for his acting. He also played appeared a few other movies in this time period like Chamatkar, Dil Aashna Hai, Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman. Films critics have mentioned his performance as a new kind of acting.
After a few more films which did average at the box office, Shahrukh made the unique choice against all advice to opt for negative roles and played obsessive, somewhat psychotic characters in Darr (1993) and Baazigar (1993). To everyone’s surprise, the films were massive hits and Shahrukh earned his first Best Actor award and was also nominated in the villainous role category.
After a series of hits, Shahrukh gave the most iconic performances in Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge which was released on 20th October 1995. This movie becomes an epic and longest-running film in history. Initially for this role director consider Hollywood superstar Tom Cruise but the role went to Shahrukh who is now nicknamed ‘Tom Cruise of India‘.
By the late 90s, he had become a public sensation, especially among teenagers and was identified as an icon of romance in India without even actually kissing any of his co-stars on screen till then, which led him to earn the title of the “King of Romance“.
Consequently, he gave many hits in the Indian film industry, among those, most notables are Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham… (2001) , Devdas (2002), Swades (2004), Chak De! India (2007), Om Shanti Om (2007), My Name Is Khan (2010), Ra.One (2011), Don 2 (2011), Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012)and the highest-grossing Chennai Express (2013).
Awards & Recognitions
- 1993: Best Debut Actor for Deewana
- 1994: Best Actor for Baazigar
- 1995: Critics Award for Best Actor for Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa and Best Villain for Anjaam
- 1996: Best Actor for Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
- 1998: Best Actor for Dil To Pagal Hai
- 1999: Best Actor for Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
- 2001: Critics Award for Best Actor for Mohabbatein
- 2002: Given the Special Award Swiss Consulate Trophy
- 2003: Best Actor for Devdas
- 2005: Best Actor for Swades
- 2008: Best Actor for Chak De India
- 2011: Best Actor for My Name Is Khan
- 2005: Padma Shri by the Government of India
- 2013: Goodwill ambassador by the Government of South Korea
- 2014: Légion d’honneur by the Government of France
- 2007: NDTV Indian of the Year
- 2011: Pyramide con Marni by the UNESCO
Salary and Net Worth
Shah Rukh Khan Salary is around ₹45 crore per movie which he played. His total yearly income is ₹56 crore including endorsement. His Net Worth is around ₹3780 crores or $600 million.
Car collections is a major point of interest of SRK. He has below cars in his inventory.
- Audi A6 Luxury Saloon
- Bentley Continental GT
- BMW 6 Series
- BMW i8
- Bugatti Veyron
- BMW 7 Series
- Mitsubishi Pajero SFX
- Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado
Shah Rukh has an SS Jaguar 100, Chevrolet Cruze car for his personal use.
Mannat, Land’s End, Bandstand, Bandra (West), Mumbai, Maharashtra – 400050, India
|Phone Number||He didn’t like to share his phone number publicly.|
|Email Id||Not Available|
- In 2001, Shah Rukh was accused of illegally using a plot of land, which was given to her mother on an annual license fee. He was charged a fine of Rs 12,627 for not paying the license fee and violating the law. Not only did the family fail to pay the license fee but it also built a residential complex at the site in violation of the law.
- In 2008, Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan landed into a brawl at Katrina Kaif’s birthday party. Reportedly, when Shah Rukh reached the venue with his wife, Gauri Khan, Salman took a lot of digs at him. Apparently, he was miffed with SRK for not doing a cameo in his brother Sohail Khan’s film ‘Main Aur Mrs. Khanna.’
- In 2012, he attracted controversy by slapping Shirish Kunder (Farah Khan’s husband) at a party.
- In 2012, during an IPL match at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai, he was criticized for manhandling a security guard and was also barred from entering Wankhede stadium.
Facts about Shah Rukh Khan
- Shah Rukh Khan formed a popular screen couple with Kajol and Juhi Chawla.
- SRK runs a production company “Dreamz Unlimited” with actress, friend, co-star Juhi Chawla, and director, friend Aziz Mirza.
- He loves computer games, video games, and hi-tech gadgets.
- Shah Rukh Khan was born into a middle-class family; his father used to run a transport company and his mother was a magistrate.
- His family used to live in rental houses. Initially, they lived in a bungalow in Rajinder Nagar’s F Block. Later, when Shah Rukh turned 15, they shifted to Gautam Nagar.
- During an interview, he told that his mother was a South-Indian and belonged to Andhra Pradesh, who later moved to Karnataka.
- Shah Rukh Khan’s father was an acquaintance of the noted Indian freedom fighter, Subhash Chandra Bose; as his father was the cousin of General Shah Nawaz, who was the second-in-command to Subhash Chandra.
- His parents had a love marriage. They met each other for the first time in a hospital, where his mother was injured and needed blood. At that time, his father donated blood to his mother. Their love started at that moment.
- He was a sportsman in his school days. Once, while he was playing football in the Dr. Ambedkar Stadium in Delhi, he kicked a ball during a penalty and tore up his entire right side muscle. He was then, on bed rest for a month and his sports career came to an end.
- Apart from being good at sports like football, hockey, and cricket, Shah Rukh was also fond of the many popular Indian street games like flying the kites and playing Gilli-Danda and Kancha (Marbles).
- While playing Cricket in his school and college days, Shah Rukh mostly used to do wicket-keeping.
- In his school days, Shah Rukh, along with four of his close friends, Bikash Mathur, Vivek Khushalani, Raman Sharma, and Ashok Vassan, had formed a special gang at St Columba’s School, known as the C-gang, where ‘C’ stood for cool.
- He was just 15 years old when his father died due to cancer in 1981.
- While he was at Hansraj College, SRK was closely involved with the Theatre Action Group (TAG) and was mentored by Barry John.
- His first salary was ₹50, which he earned by working as an escort at Pankaj Udhas’s concert in Delhi. Once, he even tried to expand a small restaurant in Dariya Ganj, but it didn’t work.
- His friend, Vivek Vaswani, helped him in his struggling days. The latter also went on to work with him as a co-actor in the films, Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman and Josh.
- Although he doesn’t stammer in his real life, his dialogue “I love you K…k…k Kiran” from the film “Darr” became an evergreen hit.
- In 1994, he signed the film “Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa” and was offered an amount of ₹25,000 only for the entire film. He even sold the movie tickets at the booking window on the opening day of the film in one of the cinemas in Mumbai.
- While shooting for the song “Chaiya Chaiya” from the film “Dil Se” on a moving train, Shah Rukh was the only person who was not tied to the train. All the other dancers were tied to the train for protection.
- SRK also hosted the season 3 of the game reality show, Kaun Banega Crorepati; broadcasted on Sony Entertainment.
- He has a fear of riding horses and hates eating ice-creams.
- He has also been the brand ambassador of various government campaigns like “Pulse Polio” and “National AIDS Control Organisation.” He was delegated by the UNOPS as the first global ambassador of the Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative Council.
- In 2012, SRK made his first on-screen kiss in the film “Jab Tak Hai Jaan”.
- In 2013, Shah Rukh Khan founded the Meer Foundation (NGO), which works to rehabilitate burn and acid attack survivors and empower women in India.
- On 27 May 2013, his son, AbRam Khan, was born through surrogacy.
- In 2017, he came up with an Indian talk show- TED Talks India Nayi Soch produced by TED conferences.
- SRK was conferred the 24th annual Crystal Award by World Economic Forum for his tremendous work for women empowerment, acid attack victims, and child rights.
- He has his wax statue showcased in London’s Madame Tussaud’s Museum.
- SRK has charmed the people worldwide with his signature pose, i.e., spreading his arms wide open unto the blue azure skies.
- SRK has a great obsession with numerology and is very much superstitious about the number 555; as he believes it brings good luck for him. Moreover, most of his cars have registered number 555 and his personal e-mail ID also contains the same number.
- Despite believing in Islam, he equally values his wife’s religion and teaches his children too, to do the same. He once told that at his home, the Qur’an was situated next to the Hindu Gods.
- During the 2019 Diwali bash at Amitabh Bachchan‘s house, Shah Rukh Khan saved Aishwarya Rai‘s manager, Archana Sadanand, from fire. Archana was with her daughter in the courtyard when her lehenga caught fire. While everyone else got stunned by the incident, Shah Rukh rushed to her and put out the fire.
- He is a night person and sleeps every day at around 5 in the morning.
- He has a dog called Chewbacca.
- SRK owns a VFX company, Red Chillies VFX.
- SRK is a chain cigarette smoker. Smokes at least 2 packs a day.
- He loves watching movies alone in the darkness of his BMW car.
- Shahrukh wears his wedding ring on his right hand.
- When he is sad he becomes quiet and overcomes it with hugs from his kids.
- He and son Aryan are major WWE Wrestling fans.
- His chauffeur’s name is Mohan Dongre.
- His personal bodyguard’s name is Yasmin Khan. When his bodyguard got married, Shahrukh gifted him a flat that is located beside his residence Mannat.
- He went for a world tour concert with Rishi Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Saif Ali Khan, Raveena Tandon, Juhi Chawla, Ashwini Bhave in September 1994. They visited cities in Canada, America, and England.
SRK, along with Juhi Chawla and her husband Jay Mehta, bought the ownership rights to the franchise representing Kolkata in the Twenty20 cricket tournament IPL for $75.09 million and later, renamed it to Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR).