Samantha Akkineni is an Indian Film Actress who works in Tamil and Telegu film industry. She is one of the most popular and leading South Indian Film Actress. In 2012, she appeared in big-budget Telugu movie “Dookudu” alongside superstar Mahesh Babu. The movie was one of the most successful films in the Telugu cinema. She is a recipient of several awards, including four Filmfare Awards.
Samantha Akkineni Biography & Wiki
Samantha Akkineni’s nickname is Yasodha, Yasho and Sam. She was born on 28 April 1987 in Pallavaram, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India in a Christian family. Hence, her current age is 33 years. Samantha’s Zodiac is Taurus. Because of her mixed regional background, Samantha sees herself as a Tamilian, as she raised speaking Tamil and English at home.
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height in Centimeters||165 cm|
|Height in Meters||1.65 m|
|Height in Feet Inches||5′ 5″|
|Weight in Kilograms||53 Kg|
|Weight in Pounds||117 lbs|
|Shoe Size||8 (US)|
|Dress Size||6 (US)|
|Eye Color||Hazel Brown|
Samantha’S father, Joseph Prabhu, is a Telegu person. Her mother, Ninette, is a homemaker from Alappuzha, Kerala. She has a younger brother named Jonathan David.
Boys, affairs, spouse name
Samantha Akkineni is Married to famous Telegu actor Akkineni Nagarjuna’s son Naga Chaitanya on 7 October 2017. Actress Samantha Akkineni and Naga Chaitanya have an affair for a long time.
Before that, Samantha had relationships with Siddharth in her initial days in the film industry.
Education and School, College
Samantha Akkineni educated at the Holy Angels Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School, Chennai. She was a good student in school. She had received a degree in Commerce from Stella Maris College, Chennai.
Favourite Things and Hobbies
|Favourite Food||Sushi, Sweet pongal, Dairy milk chocolate, Paalakova|
|Favourite Actors||Dhanush, Suriya, Rajnikanth|
|Favourite Actress||Audrey Hepburn|
|Favourite Directors||Mani Ratnam, Woody Allen|
|Favourite American TV Show||The West Wing|
|Favourite Book||The Secret by Rhonda Byrne|
|Favourite Book||The Secret By Rhonda Byrne|
|Hobbies||Reading, listening to music, shopping, gymming|
Samantha Akkineni filmography
While pursuing a degree in commerce, Samantha worked part-time on modelling assignments. She soon received offers for film roles and made her acting debut in Gautham Menon’s critically acclaimed Telugu romance film, Ye Maaya Chesave (2010). It fetched her the Filmfare Award for Best Debut Actress and a Nandi Award. Samantha then became the second actress ever to win both the Filmfare Award for Best Tamil Actress and the Filmfare Award for Best Telugu Actress in the same year, for her performances in the films Neethaane En Ponvasantham (2012) and Eega (2012).
Since then, Samantha Akkineni has primarily opted to appear in the leading female role in hero-centric Telugu and Tamil films. She got box office success with many films including Dookudu (2011), the family dramas Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu (2012), and Attarintiki Daredi (2013) and AR Murugadoss’s Tamil action film, Kaththi (2014). Her work in the film A Aa (2016) also won positive reviews and won Samantha her fourth Filmfare Award, while her next films, Theri (2016), 24 (2016), and Mersal (2017), also were commercially successful.
Samantha made her Hindi debut in Ekk Deewana Tha, which is the remake of the blockbuster Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa. She played a minor but pivotal role in this film. Her character is more or less similar to her role in Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa. Unfortunately, the film got a cold reception upon its release, and her debut went unnoticed.
Salary and Net Worth
Samantha’s immovable property is amounting to Rs.356 crore. Her annual income is Rs 2.5 crore from movies and various brand endorsement. She asked Rs.1.5 crore for every movie she played.
Samantha Akkineni owns many expensive cars like a Jaguar XF, an Audi Q7, and a luxury car from Porsche.
|House Address||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.|
|Phone Number||She didn’t like to share her Phone number publicly.|
- In September 2013, Samantha created a stir by posting a controversial tweet on her social media account. The tweet was concerning the first poster of Mahesh Babu’s film, Nenokkadine. It read, “Saw a poster of a yet to be released Telugu film. Not only is it deeply regressive, but also it is deeply regressive.” The tweet did not go well with the fans of Mahesh Babu, who started criticizing and disrespecting her. In support of Samantha, her then-boyfriend, Siddharth joined the conversation and started making derogatory comments against fans by calling them, haters and terrorists.
- The fans were unhappy to such an extent that as per topsy.com, the hashtag #GetLostSamanthaAndSiddharth received 11,000+ tweets in just five hours.
Facts about Samantha Akkineni
- The actress was facing a financial pinch in her early twenties. To get over it, she did many part-time jobs. At a later point in time, she got into modelling. There she was spotted by Ravi Varman, a cinematographer cum director, who introduced her to the Cinema industry & that’s how she became an actress.
- In 2012, due to an immune system disorder, she had to take a long break from movies; the use of antibiotics had further deteriorated her condition. Owing to this period, she lost a lot of film offers.
- The same year, she underwent a nose job surgery to enhance her looks.
- She diagnosed with diabetes in 2013.
- Samantha, a philanthropist, is the founder of the charitable trust Pratyusha Support. The trust provides medical support for women and children from the financially weaker sections.