Salman Khan, also known as Bhaijaan of Bollywood, is an Indian film actor, producer, singer, painter, and television personality of Hindi films. His original name is Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan. He is the eldest son of screenwriter Salim Khan and Salma Khan. Salman Khan made his acting debut with the 1988 film Biwi Ho To Aisi.
Salman Khan Biography & Wiki
Some nicknames of Salman Khan are Sallu, Dabangg Khan, Bhaijaan, Sylvester Stallone of India. He was born on 27 December 1965 in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India. Hence, his current age is DateCounter error: DateTime::__construct(): Failed to parse time string (1965-12-287) at position 10 (7): Unexpected character years. Salman Khan’s Zodiac is Capricorn.
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height in centimeters||174 cm|
|Height in in meters||1.74 m|
|Height in in feet inches||5’ 8″|
|Weight in Kilograms||75 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||165 lbs|
Salman Khan Family Members
Salman Khan’s father is Salim Khan who is a screenwriter of Bollywood. His mother’s name is Sushila Charak, who later adopted Salma Khan’s name, and Helen is his mother(step).
He has two brothers, Arbaaz Khan and Sohail Khan; both are actors in Hindi films. Also, he has two sisters, Alvira Khan Agnihotri, married to actor/director Atul Agnihotri, and another sister is Arpita Khan Sharma. Who is married to actor Aayush Sharma.
Girls, affairs, spouse name
Salman Khan had several relationships in his life. Firstly Sangeeta Bijlani, Indian former Bollywood actress and Miss India winner, and Salman Khan started dating each other in 1986. Then Salman Khan and Somy Ali, a Pakistan-born American actress, started dating each other in 1991.
Afterward, Salman Khan Aishwarya Rai Bachchan reportedly started dating officially in 1999 and ended things in 2001. As per reports, the Salman Khan and Aishwariya Rai Bachchan Love story began in 1997 during Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam shooting. Reports also suggested that the duo were serious and marriage was on the cards.
After that, in 2003, a rumor started making rounds that Salman Khan is dating Katrina Kaif. Recently, the talk of the town news is the Romanian beauty Lulia Vantur is the new love of Superstar Salman khan.
Education and School, College
Salman Khan completed his schooling from Scindia School, Gwalior. After that, St. Stanislaus High School, Bandra, Mumbai. Later, he joined St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai. But he dropped out from there.
Favorites Things and Like & Dislike
|Favorites Food||Chinese food, Spicy Italian food, Pav Bhaji, Chicken Biryani, Mutton Kebab|
|Favorites Hollywood Actor(s)||Sylvester Stallone|
|Favorites Bollywood Actor(s)||Dilip Kumar, Govinda|
|Favorites Actress||Hema Malini|
|Favorites Singer(s)||Sunidhi Chauhan and Sonu Nigam|
|Favorites Restaurant||China Garden, Mumbai|
|Favorites Colour(s)||Black, White, Grey|
|Favorites Dessert||Sitaphal ice cream|
|Favorites Cricketer(s)||Sachin Tendulkar, Imran Khan, Harbhajan Singh, Yuvraj Singh, Ashish Nehra|
|Favorites Song||‘Jab Hum Jawan’ by Shabbir Kumar|
|Favorites Car(s)||BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Toyota Land Cruiser|
|Favorites Outfit(s)||Tight jeans & T-Shirts|
|Favorites Fashion Brand(s)||Giorgio Armani and Gianni Versace|
|Favorites Film Director||Sooraj Barjatya,|
Salman Khan’s filmography
Salman Khan made his acting debut with the 1988 film Biwi Ho To Aisi, which saw him play a supporting role.
After that, He went on to play the leading role in Sooraj R. Barjatya’s romantic family drama Maine Pyar Kiya (1989), which become one of the highest-grossing Indian films at the time. Simultaneously, the year 1990 saw one film release starring Salman Khan; Baaghi: A Rebel for Love, a box office success, followed by three moderately successful films in 1991, Patthar Ke Phool, Sanam Bewafa, and Kurbaan. The same year, Khan went on to co-star with Sanjay Dutt and Madhuri Dixit for the romantic drama Saajan.
In 1994, Khan appeared in Rajkumar Santoshi’s Andaz Apna Apna, co-starring Aamir Khan. At the time of its release, the film failed at the box office but has gained a cult status over the years. It is one of the films on Box Office India’s list of Biggest Blockbusters Ever in Hindi Cinema. Later, In 1995 he starred in Rakesh Roshan’s Karan Arjun alongside Shah Rukh Khan.
After that, In 1995, he starred in Rakesh Roshan’s Karan Arjun alongside Shah Rukh Khan. Later, Salman appeared in Raj Kanwar’s action hit Jeet. He also had two releases in 1997, Judwaa and Auzaar. The former was a comedy directed by David Dhawan where he played a dual role of twins separated at birth. Meanwhile, in 1998 Salman worked in some different films, namely Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya, Jab Pyaar Kisise Hota Hai, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.
Afterward, in 1999 some release of Salman Khan is Hum Saath-Saath Hain: We Stand United, Biwi No.1, and Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam. In 2000, Salman appeared in Chori Chori Chupke Chupke and also Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam. After that, Tere Naam in 2003, Mujhse Shaadi Karogi in 2004, and No Entry in 2005 are some blockbuster of Salman’s Carrier. In 2004 Gave: Pride and Honour and, in 2005, Maine Pyaar Kiyu Kiya two movies of Salman’s.
Salman started 2007 with the ensemble film Salaam E Ishq. He appeared in the Hollywood movie Marigold: An Adventure in India opposite American actress Ali Larter. The film told the love story of an Indian man and an American woman.
Then, in 2009 Salman appeared in Wanted, directed by choreographer turned director Prabhu Deva. Main Aurr Mrs. Khanna and London Dreams two other films in that same year. Later in 2010, He featured in Veer and Superhit Dabangg movies. Radey and Bodyguard are two superhits of 2011. Salman Khan’s first release of 2012 was Ek Tha Tiger; Salman releases Dabangg 2, the sequel of Dabangg, in 2012 under the production of Arbaaz Khan.
After a one-year gap, Salman’s first release of 2014 was Jai Ho, and in that same year on Eid, Salman’s 2nd release was Kick. Salman Khan’s first film of 2015, Bajrangi Bhaijaan, was released on Eid. While his second film in the same year, Prem Ratan Dhan Payo. Yet again, another Eid release in 2016 was Sultan. In the year 2017, two releases of Salman were Tubelight and Tiger Zinda Hai. Salman Khan starred in Bharat in 2019. At last, in that same year, Salman Khan appeared in Dabangg 3. Salman’s upcoming project is Radhe.
Salman Khan Salary and Net Worth
Salman Khan estimated net worth of almost $300 Million. His monthly Income And Salary is almost 16 Crore. He takes approximately ₹60 crore per film.
|House address||Galaxy Apartments, Mumbai, India|
|Phone Number||He didn’t like to share his Phone number publicly.|
|Email Id||Not Available|
Award And Recognitions
- Salman earned the first Filmfare Award for Maine Pyar Kiya.
- Later, he earned a second Filmfare Award under the Best Supporting Actor category for Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.
- In 2010, Salman Khan received a Star Screen Award for Best Actor and a Stardust Award for Star of the Year – Male for his performance for Dabangg.
- Controversy and Salman Khan are synonyms.
- Some controversy of Salman’s life.
- Hit and run case: On 28 September 2002, Salman Khan was arrested for rash and negligent driving after his car ran into a bakery in Mumbai. One person sleeping on the pavement outside the bakery died, and three others were injured in the accident. Charges of culpable homicide were laid against him but later dropped. On 24 July 2013, he was formally charged with culpable homicide in the case, to which he pleaded not guilty.
- On 6 May 2015, Salman Khan was found guilty of all charges in the case. The Bombay Sessions Court concluded that Salman was driving the car under the influence of alcohol, causing the death of one and serious injury to four homeless persons. Sessions Judge DW Deshpande convicted the actor for culpable homicide not amounting to murder and sentenced him to five years in prison. Later in the same day, Salman Khan, being represented by Senior Counsel Amit Desai, was granted bail by the Bombay High Court until 8 May 2015. The Court suspended his prison sentence until the final appeal hearing in July. His driver Ashok Singh, who had given the testimony that it was himself driving the car at the time of the accident, was charged with perjury for misguiding the Court with false testimony and was arrested. The kidnapping and eventual death of prime witness police constable Ravindra Patil remain a mystery, with some suspecting the involvement of organized crime.
- In December 2015, Salman Khan was acquitted of all charges from this case due to lack of evidence. On Tuesday, 5 July 2016, the Supreme Court admitted a plea by the Maharashtra government that challenged the acquittal of Salman in this hit-and-run case by the Bombay High Court. The Court refused to fast-track the case.
- Relations with Aishwariya Rai Bachchan: Aishwariya Rai Bachhan accused Salman Khan of harassing her after their break-up in March 2002. Aishwariya claimed that Salman had not been able to come to terms with their break-up.
- Fight between Salman Khan and Vivek Oberoi: The Salman Khan-Vivek Oberoi clash, which took place back in 2003, is one of the most controversial episodes in Bollywood history. It started when Vivek Oberoi called in a press conference where he revealed that Salman had called him while drunk and accused him of having relations with various actresses.
- Blackbuck hunting and Arms Act Violations cases. Salman Khan was arrested in 1998 for hunting two blackbucks near Jodhpur during the shooting of Hum Saath Saath Hain. A case under Arms Act was registered against him, and the Court had asked him to submit his arms license. The actor, however, gave an affidavit in the Court in 2003, saying that he had lost the license. On 17 February 2006, Salman Khan was sentenced to one year in prison for hunting Chinkara, an endangered species. A higher court stayed the sentence on appeal.
- On 10 April 2006, Salman was handed a five-year jail term and remanded to jail until 13 April when he was granted bail. On 24 July 2012, finalized charges against Salman Khan and his other colleagues in the killing case, paving the way for the start of the trial. The Supreme Court issued a notice to Salman on the Rajasthan government’s plea challenging the High Court order suspending his conviction on 9 July 2014,. Salman was acquitted in the blackbuck and chinkara poaching cases by the Rajasthan High Court on 24 July 2016. On 18 October 2016, the Rajasthan Government decided to approach the Supreme Court to challenge Khan’s acquittal in two related cases.
- On 18 January 2017, Salman was acquitted by a Jodhpur court in an Arms Act case linked to killing a blackbuck in Rajasthan. Salman Khan pleaded “not guilty” to violating the law by keeping unlicensed weapons and using them. Acquitting the actor, the Court said that the prosecution failed to submit enough evidence against him. On 5 April 2018, the Jodhpur court convicted Salman Khan in the blackbuck poaching case. It sentenced him only to five years imprisonment while acquitting Saif Ali Khan, Sonali Bendre, Neelam, and Tabu.
- Salman Khan was released on bail on 7 April 2018, pending appeal.
- Salman Khan & Shah Rukh Khan fight: In 2008, Salman Khan welcomed SRK and Gauri Khan to Katrina’s birthday party but took multiple digs at him for not doing a cameo in Main Aur Mrs. Khanna. This argument turned into a physical one, and the two had to be pulled apart by Katrina and Gauri.
- In an interview, SRK shared how he told his kids about the fight, “I was humiliated over the Salman issue. I hope it never happens to me again. I didn’t know how to explain it, and finally told them, ‘There are some people who don’t get along. I’m not disturbed that Salman and I don’t talk. We’re too different. His life ‘Kuch aur hai aur Mera Kuch aur hai,’ and the train shall never meet.”
- Remark about 26/11 attacks: In September 2010, Salman Khan was reported to have claimed during an interview on a Pakistani channel that the 26/11 attacks got a lot of attention because the “elite” were targeted. During the interview, Salman Khan had said: “It was the elite that was targeted this time. Five-star hotels and stuff. So they panicked. Then they got up and spoke about it. My question is “why not before?” Attacks have happened in trains and small towns too, but no one talked about it so much.” Salman also said that Pakistan was not to be blamed for it and that the Indian security forces had failed. Salman’s comments had drawn strong reactions from Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra Chagan Bhujbal, Shiv Sena, BJP, and other political parties. The comments were also condemned by Ujwal Nikam, Special Prosecutor, in the 26/11 trial. Later, Salman Khan apologized for his comments.
- Salman Khan vs. Arijit Singh controversy: It all began in 2014 when Salman Khan hosted an award show. Arijit Singh was in attendance and was nominated for the ‘Best Male Playback Singer.’ The actor had reportedly fallen asleep, and when he got up, he went to receive the award in casuals. Salman Khan was laughing out loud and said, “Tu hai winner ?” (You’re the winner ? )…” kya yaar, aapka singer so kar aa rahahe…”…(“Look your singer is sleeping. ..”). For this Arijit’s reply was, “Aap logon ne sula diya” (“You guys put me to sleep. ” But bit his tongue immediately after uttering these words. Salman Khan said sarcastically that songs like “Tum hi ho” would make anyone sleep. Arijit Singh whispered apologies to Salman’s ears while receiving the award from him. As he got down the stage, he couldn’t find his seat, so Salman thought he’d leave. Salman seeing this said, “Look at this guy, he collected his award in chappals, and now he’s walking away.”
- Later on, Arijit recorded several songs for Salman Khan, but Salman doesn’t want to keep those songs in his movies.
- Tweets on Yakub Menon: On 25 July 2015, Salman Khan made several tweets from his Twitter account to support the 1993 Bombay bombings that accused Yakub Memon. Memon was scheduled to be executed, before which Salman made his tweets. Salman Khan said that Yakub’s brother, Tiger Memon, should be hanged instead. He also asked the Prime Minister of Pakistan, Nawaz Sharif, to confirm “whether the mob boss is in his country.” The tweets sparked protests outside his house where police had to be deployed and were criticized on social media and by his father, Salim Khan. Following these incidents, Salman Khan withdrew his tweets and apologized.
- Salman Khan rape remark: In 2016, during the promotion of the Sultan movie, Salman made a disgusting comment. Salman said, “I’d have to lift the same 120-kilo guy ten times for ten different (camera) angles. And likewise, get thrown that many times on the ground. This act is not repeated that many times in the real fights in the ring. When I used to walk out of the ring, I used to feel like a raped woman after the shoot. I couldn’t walk straight.”
Facts about Salman Khan
- Salman Khan Debut Show on Tv 10 Ka Dum,
- He also hosted ten seasons of India’s most controversial reality show called BiggBoss.
- Born to a Hindu mother and a Muslim father, Salman Khan was brought up in both faiths.
- Salman Khan mentored several aspiring Bollywood actors.
- He loves kids.
- Salman Khan Films (SKF) is an Indian film production and distribution company established by Bollywood actor Salman in 1999. Based in Mumbai, it mainly produces and distributes Hindi films.
- Salman has sung well. Some of Salman’s famous songs are Chaandi Ke Daal Pa (Hello Brother). Hai Yehi Zindagi – Version 2, Hangover, Jumme Ki Raat Hai – Version 2 (Kick). Main Hoon Hero Tera ( Hero), Baby Ko Bass Pasand Hai, Jag Ghoomeya, 440 Volt (Sultan). I Found Love (Race 3). Main Taare (Notebook). Yu Karke (Dabangg 3). Pyar Karona (Pyar Karona). Tere Bina (Tere Bina). Bhai Bhai (Bhai Bhai).
- Salman Khan does a lot of charity through The Being Human Foundation.
- The Being Human Foundation: The Being Human Foundation is a Mumbai-based charity, founded by Bollywood star Salman Khan in 2007, that provides education and healthcare services for the underprivileged in India.
- The foundation performs many charitable activities. It funds 200 children at the Akshara High School in Mumbai and another 300 through Aseema, a Mumbai-based non-profit. Also, the foundation supports the VEER Initiative, a program to train differently-abled people. Being human store has a provision to employ at least one differently-abled person. As of December 2015, the program has also trained 1909 individuals, 1194, who have gained employment. The organization has set up programs to improve basic skills for students and career development centers.
- Furthermore, Being Human has provided funding to treat children with congenital heart defects by partnering with Fortis Foundation and craniofacial deformities. It also has provided drought relief in Maharashtra and blankets for flood victims in Kashmir, conducted free eye camps to provide cataract surgeries, and helped conduct bone-marrow donor registration camps in Mumbai.