Ranveer Singh Bhavnani, better known as Ranveer Singh, is a famous Indian actor who received fame after his debuted Bollywood movie “Band Baaja Baaraat” in 2010. Apart from an actor, he is also a talented Singer. Due to his brilliant performance in the Indian film industry, he is the recipient of several awards, including four Filmfare Awards. In addition, India Today has featured Ranveer among the Nation’s 50 most powerful people.
Ranveer Singh Biography & Wiki
Some nicknames of Ranveer are Bittoo and Rambo. He was born on 6 July 1985 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Hence, his current age is 36 years. Ranveer Singh’s Zodiac is Cancer.
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height in centimetres||178 cm|
|Height in meters||1.78 m|
|Height in feet inches||5’ 10”|
|Weight in Kilograms||75 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||165 lbs|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
Ranveer Singh Tattoo
An inscription “Kill Dil” on the upper right arm
Ranveer Singh Family Members
Ranveer’s father’s name is Jugjeet Singh Bhavnani, a businessman, and his mother’s name is Anju Bhavnani, a homemaker. Ranveer’s has an elder sister Ritika Bhavnani. He is the maternal cousin of Indian film producer Rhea Kapoor, actress Sonam Kapoor, and actor Harshvardhan Kapoor.
Girls, affairs, spouse name
Firstly, Ranveer Singh and Ahana Deol(Dharmendra and Hema Malini’s daughter ) had a relationship. Ahana Deol and Ranveer Singh dated each other during their school days. After that, Ranveer Singh and Anushka Sharma were in a serious relationship during their film “Band Baaja Baaraat” (2010), and later on, they broke up for certain reasons.
On 14-15 November 2018, Ranveer Singh married Deepika Padukone in Lake Como, Lombardy, Italy. They fell in love with a “Goliyon Ki Rasleela Ram Leela” (2013) set, and after dating for six years, they get married.
Education and School, College
Ranveer has done his schooling at Learners’ Academy, Mumbai, after he joined H.R. College of Commerce and Economics in Mumbai. But, later, Ranveer completed his graduation with a Bachelor of Arts from Indiana University, Bloomington.
Favourites Things and Like & Dislike
|Favourite Actor||Govinda, Shah Rukh Khan And Johnny Depp|
|Favourite Actress||Kareena Kapoor Khan, Scarlett Johansson And Megan Fox|
|Favorite Films||Andaz Apna Apna, Raja Babu, 3 Idiots, Sholay, Rang De Basanti, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Godfather, City Of God, Taxi Driver, The Prestige, And Kill Bill|
|Favorite Director||Sanjay Leela Bhansali|
|Favorite Musicians||Michael Jackson, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Beyonce|
|Favorite Color||Red, White|
|Favourite Food||Chocolates, Cheese, Besan Laddoo, Mutton Curry And Chinese Cuisines|
|Favourite Restaurant||Olive Bar and Kitchen, Hakkassan, Wasabi at Taj Mahal Palace in Mumbai, Le Cirque in Delhi, Thalassa in Goa|
|Hobbies||Collecting Shoes & Hats, Playing and Watching Football, And Playing Video Games|
|Favorite Football Club||Arsenal Football Club|
|Favorite Cars||Aston Martin Rapide S, Jaguar XJL, Mercedes-Benz E-Class, And Toyota Land Cruiser Prado|
Ranveer Singh’s filmography
After completing studies, he returned to Mumbai, where he used to work as a Copywriter in different advertising agencies like J. Walter Thompson, O&M, etc. Later, he left the job and started working as an assistant director but again, he left to fulfil his dream of becoming an actor. Ranveer Singh made his first Bollywood appearance with the movie “Band Baaja Baaraat” in 2010. The film was commercially successful.
After “Ladies vs Ricky Bahl” (2011) and “Lootera” (2013) films, the life-changing moment came for Ranveer, when he got a chance to work with his dream director Sanjay Leela Bhansali with the films “Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela” (2013), “Bajirao Mastani” (2015), and “Padmaavat” (2018). Besides that, some other hits of Ranveer’s life were “Gunday” (2014), “Dil Dhadakne Do” (2015), “Simmba” (2018), and “Gully Boy” (2019), etc. From “Simba” onwards, Ranveer has been on a profit share with his producers, which only big stars demand.
“Sooryavanshi“, “83“, ” Jayeshbhai Jordaar” and “Cirkus” are upcoming proects of Ranveer Singh. Also, director S. Shankar and Ranveer are teaming for the Hindi-language remake of the 2005 Tamil blockbuster “Anniyan“. In addition to playing in movies, Ranveer also a rapper. He sang few songs likes. “Aadat Se Majboor” in “Ladies vs Ricky Bahl” (2011) films, and “Mere Gully Mein“, “Apna Time Aayega“, “Doori” etc., in “Gully Boy” (2019) film.
Award And Recognitions
- Because of Ranveer’s brilliant performance in the Indian film industry, he is the recipient of several awards, including four Filmfare Awards.
- Ranveer’s 1st “Filmfare Award” (Best Male Debut) for “Band Baaja Baaraat” in 2011, then his next “Filmfare Award” in the category of Best Actor for the film, “Bajirao Mastani” (2016).
- After that, in 2019, further “Filmfare Award” for “Padmaavat” in the category of Best Actor (Critics).
- His Last “Filmfare Award” ( Best Actor ) for “Gully Boy” in 2020.
- Besides that, Ranveer also received the “Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award” for Padmaavat (2018), etc.
Salary and Net Worth
Ranveer Singh takes ₹10-15 Crore per film. The estimated net worth of Ranveer is $42 Million.
|House address||8th floor, Duplex Apartment, Opp. Khar Gymkhana Club, Khar (West), Mumbai|
|Phone Number||He didn’t like to share his Phone number publicly.|
|Email Id||Not Available|
- After the release of Ranveer’s debut film “Band Baaja Baaraat” (2010), there were rumours that his father paid a whopping amount of ₹10 crores to the makers of the film. But, he denied the rumour by saying that all “Bullshit! My dad was going through a very lean period. There was no question of him having paid money to anyone. These are all rumors.”
- Later, in August 2012, after watching Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif’s film ‘Ek Tha Tiger, he tweeted “, EK THA TIGER felt absolute bore bt (sic) last 15 min was magical. nice stunt and action @beingsalmankhan pra.” He also tweeted, “While I was passing through a multiplex, people after seeing Ek Tha Tiger asked for TIGER BAAM”. After it, he faced a lot of criticism from the film industry.
- In 2015, an F.I.R. was lodged against Ranveer Singh, Arjun Kapoor, Karan Johar, Deepika Padukone, and Sonakshi Sinha to participate in the controversial “A.I.B. Roast”. A complaint was filed against them for indulging in indecent behaviour in public.
- He further attracted controversy. During the film “Dil Dhadakne Do” (2015), Ranveer blew Priyanka Chopra a kiss in front of everyone, which she didn’t like at all. Later, during a promotional event of this film, Priyanka taunted him for his ‘over-enthusiastic acting,’ following which he said that he would never work with her again.
- After Ranveer’s marriage with Deepika Padukone, an Italian Sikh group alleged that the Sikh code of conduct was violated in their Sindhi-Punjabi wedding.
Facts about Ranveer Singh
- Ranveer is one of the highest-paid actors in the Bollywood film industry.
- He has been featured in Forbes India’s Celebrity 100 list since 2012, reaching his highest seventh position in 2019. That year, the magazine estimated his annual earnings to be ₹1.18 billion (US$17 million) and ranked him as the fifth highest-paid actor in the country.
- Ranveer is super energetic in all-time.
- His grandparents moved to Mumbai from Karachi, Sindh, in present-day Pakistan, during the Partition of India.
- Ranveer Singh has an unpredictable dressing sense, and he keeps surprising his fans and media with his stylish outfits.
- Ranveer also has a huge collection of 200+ shoes and 100+ hats.
- GQ also featured him in their listing of the 50 most influential young Indians of 2017 and 2019.
- After joining the film industry, he dropped his last name ‘Bhavani’ from his screen name, as he thought it wouldn’t sound like a superstar’s name.
- In childhood, when he had gone to a birthday party, his grandmother asked him to dance and entertain her. Ranveer remembers that he suddenly jumped on the lawn and started dancing to the song “Chumma Chumma” from the 1991 action film, “Hum”.
- If not an actor, Ranveer would have been a writer or a DJ.
- While doing a dangerous stunt on top of a house in the film “Bajirao Mastani” (2015), he tore the ligaments of his right shoulder, after which he was rushed to the hospital in Jaipur, where he had surgery.
- Ranveer has an image of being temperamental and drama king.
- He has a habit of washing his hands with soap or sanitiser repeatedly.
- In 2019, Ranveer Singh launched his record label named IncInk to promote local musicians.
- He also endorses many brands like “Flite”, “Bingo”, “Llyod”, “Xiaomi India”, “KajariaPly”, “Dish TV”, “Siyaram’s”, “Big Muscles Nutrition”, “Kansai Nerolac”, “Kotak Mahindra Bank”, “Premier League”, “Thums Up”, “Makes My Trip”, “Adidas”, “Nexa”, “Head & Shoulders”, “Ching’s”,and “Colgate MaxFresh” etc.
- Ranveer’s estimated brand value to be US$63 million in 2018, the fourth highest of Indian celebrities.