Ranbir Raj Kapoor, better known as Ranbir Kapoor, is a famous Bollywood actor and producer. Apart from an actor and producer, he is also a talented businessman who got his name from his grandfather, Raj Kapoor, a Bollywood film actor, director, and producer. Due to his brilliant performance in the Indian film industry, he is the recipient of several awards, including a couple of Filmfare Awards.
Ranbir Kapoor Biography & Wiki
Some nicknames of Ranbir are Daboo and Ganglia. He was born on 28 September 1982 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Hence, his current age is 39 years. Ranbir Kapoor’s Zodiac is Libra.
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height in centimetres||183 cm|
|Height in meters||1.74 m|
|Height in feet inches||6’|
|Weight in Kilograms||78 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||172 lbs|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
Ranbir Kapoor Family Members
Ranbir belongs to the most talented family in the Indian film industry. His father’s name is Late Rishi Kapoor, who was an actor in Bollywood. His mother’s name is Neetu Kapoor, who also is an actress in Bollywood.
Ranbir’s great-grandfather’s name was late Prithviraj Kapoor, an Indian actor, film producer, director, writer, and politician. His grandfather’s name was Late Raj Kapoor, a famous hero and an eminent producer and director of Indian Cinema. Late Shammi Kapoor (Indian film actor and director) and Late Shashi Kapoor(actor and film producer) were also his grandfathers. He has one sister, Riddhima Kapoor Sahani, a famous Indian fashion designer, model, jewellery designer, and entrepreneur. Famous stars Randhir Kapoor and Babita Shivdasani are his paternal uncle and aunt. Actresses Karisma Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor Khan, and actor Aditya Roy Kapur are his cousins.
Girls, affairs, spouse name
He had several relationships in his life. Firstly, Ranbir Kapoor and Avantika had a relationship for a few months. Avantika Malik and Ranbir Kapoor dated each other during their teenage years. At that time, Ranbir Kapoor did not even work in the film.
Bollywood actress Sonam Kapoor also fell in love with Ranbir Kapoor. Sonam Kapoor and Ranbir Kapoor’s relationship lasted only two years. After that, Deepika Padukone and Ranbir Kapoor’s relationship lasted for many years. Deepika was so fond of Ranbir Kapoor that she was about to write Ranbir Kapoor’s name on her back.
Then, The relationship between Ranbir Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra Jonas was revealed in the year 2010. In the same year, Ranbir and Priyanka did the film Anjana Anjani. Ranbir Kapoor dated Nandita Mahtani, the first wife of his cousin Karisma Kapoor’s ex-husband Sunjay Kapur. Nandita Mahtani is ten years older than Ranbir Kapoor. Ranbir Kapoor and Nandita Mahtani had friends. And later, friendship turned into love.
Later, Ranbir was in a serious relationship for the first time when he was dating Katrina Kaif. He used to do Timepaas before Katrina Kaif. The Katrina Kaif and Ranbir Kapoor relationship lasted for six years. Katrina Kaif and Ranbir Kapoor did the film Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani in the year 2009. After this film, both of them came into a relationship. Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif’s wedding was also discussed.
He also had a relationship with the Indian model Angela Jonsson. But Ranbir Kapoor called it a rumour. The news of the affair of these two was revealed in the year 2011.
It was also rumoured about Ranbir Kapoor and Nargis Fakhri that, during the “Rockstar” film, both of them came in relation. Then Ranbir also had a relationship with south Indian actress Shruti Haasan. They both met for the first time during the shooting of an advertisement. Ranbir Kapoor has also had a relationship with Pakistani actress Mahira Khan.
Finally, Ranbir and Alia Bhatt came close during the film Brahmastra, and they both fell in love with each other.
Education and School, College
Ranbir has done his schooling at the Bombay Scottish School in Mumbai. after that, He completed his graduation from the H.R. College of Commerce and Economics in Mumbai.
Then, he moved to the U.S. to do a course on filmmaking from the School of Visual Arts in New York. After this, he learned the art of acting from the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in New York.
Favourites Things and Like & Dislike
|Favourite Actor||Rishi Kapoor, Akshaye Khanna, Dustin Hoffman and Al Pacino|
|Favourite Actress||Kajol, Madhuri Dixit, Jennifer Connelly and Natalie Portman|
|Favorite Films||Shree 420 and Life is Beautiful|
|Favorite Director||Anurag Basu, Sanjay Leela Bhansali|
|Favorite Singer||A. R. Rahman|
|Favorite Song||Kisiki Muskurahaton Pe Ho Nisaar (Anari), ‘The Boxer’ by Simon and Garfunkel and Channa Mereya|
|Favorite TV Show||Travel and Livingl|
|Favorite Cartoon||Tom and Jerry|
|Favorite Book||Heavier Than Heaven by Charles R. Cross|
|Favorite Color||Red, White & Black|
|Favorite Fashion Designer||Manish Malhotra|
|Favourite Food||Italian, Chinese, Home made Food especially Bhindi, Jungli Mutton, Paya|
|Favourite Dessert||Mishti Doi, Creme Brulee and Gulab Jamun|
|Favourite Restaurant||Gajalee, Ling’s Pavillion|
|Favourite Fruit||Mosambi, Bananas and Water-Melon|
|Favorite Footballer||Lionel Messi|
|Favorite Football Team||Barcelona|
|Favorite Destination||New York, USA, Venice, Puglia in Italy|
|Favorite Soap||La Prairie|
|Favorite Cars||Audi A8, Audi R8, Range Rover Sport, Mercedes-Benz G63l|
|Favorite Bike||Harley Davidson|
Ranbir Kapoor’s filmography
Before starting a career in acting, Ranbir assisted Rishi Kapoor and Sanjay Leela Bhansali in the movies “Aa Ab Laut Chalen” and “Black”. In 2007, Ranbir Kapoor made his first Bollywood appearance with the movie “Saawariya“, which got an average success on box office.
In the year 2008, he was appeared in “Bachna Ae Haseeno” movie. Then, In the year 2009, Ranbir starred in three films, the first movie was “Wake Up Sid“, Ranbir’s second movie was “Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani” alongside Katrina Kaif, it was one of the greatest hits and his third movie was “Rocket Singh – Salesman of the Year“.
In the year 2010, Ranbir Kapoor appeared in a politically thrilling movie titled “Rajneeti”, Nikhat Kazmi of The Times of India claimed that. “The film finally belongs to Ranbir Kapoor, who perfects the art of minimalism—and grows before your eyes—as the simmering volcano that can’t hold back once it erupts. In the same year, he also starred in “Anjaana Anjaani“, which was a modest success at the Indian box office.
In the year 2011, Ranbir featured in the movie “Rockstar“. Ranbir starred in Anurag Basu’s movie “Barfi“, this film also critical acclaim in 2012. In 2013, “Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani,” which was one of the highest-grossing Indian films of all time with earnings of ₹2.95 billion (US$41 million), was one of the hits films of Ranbir’s life. After some failure, his next hit was “Tamasha” in 2015. Next year he was featured in the movie “Ae Dil Hai Mushkil“.
In 2018, “Sanju” become the most successful film of Ranbir’s carrier. this film re-established Ranbir Kapoor’s stardom. “Sanju” box-office collection was over ₹5.79 billion (US$81 million). It emerged as one of Indian Cinema’s biggest earners and Ranbir Kapoor’s highest-grossing release. “Brahmastra” and “Shamshera” two upcoming films of Ranbir’s carrier.
Ranbir produced his first film, “Jagga Jasoos“, in 2017. According to critics, “Jagga Jasoos” is a different film in the Indian film industry.
Salary and Net Worth
Ranbir takes ₹20-25 Crore per film. The estimated net worth of Ranbir is $39 Million.
Ranbir Kapoor Contact Address
|House address||Pali Hill, Bandra West, Mumbai (56 KrishnaRaj, Pali Hill, Bandra [W], Mumbai – 400050)|
|Phone Number||He didn’t like to share his Phone number publicly.|
|Email Id||Not Available|
Award And Recognitions
- Because of Ranbir’s brilliant performance in the Indian film industry, he is the recipient of several awards, including a couple of Filmfare Awards.
- His 1st Filmfare Awards(Best Male Debut) for “Saawariya” in 2007, then in 2019, his next Filmfare Awards (Critics Award for Best Actor) jointly for the three films, those were, “Wake Up Sid”, “Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani”, and “Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year”.
- After that, other Filmfare Awards for “Rockstar” (Best Actor for Rockstar, Best Actor Critics) and for “Barfi!” ( Best Actor ).
- His Last Filmfare Awards ( Best Actor ) for Sanju in 2019.
- Besides that, in 2007, for “Saawariya” at Star’s Sabsey Favourite Kaun Awards (Sabsey Favourite Naya Hero) and also in 2013 Screen Award (Best Actor Popular Choice) for “Barfi. “
- During Ranbir’s teenage days, Ranbir Kapoor met with Salman Khan in a pub while partying with his friends. Thay the duo engaged in a verbal fight, and Salman Khan slapped him.
- Then, He further attracted controversy when he revealed that he was asked to “Get Lost” by Natalie Portman. He saw her at Tribeca, a film festival where she was busy on the phone and crying, he quickly stopped her and said: “I Love Your ..” Before he could say work, she said, “Get Lost”.
Facts about Ranbir Kapoor
- Ranbir Kapoor is the 4th generation of a prestigious first family of Bollywood’s Kapoor group.
- Ranbir had his first girlfriend when he was in 7th.
- He is the first from the Kapoor family to pass 10th class and finish College.
- During the 9/11 attack in New York, Ranbir Kapoor was adjacent to World Trade Center.
- He bought a Hublot watch with his first earnings.
- Ranbir Kapoor has inch long cut on his cheek, as in his childhood, he was rushing towards the bathroom and fell on a pot.
- Apart from acting, Ranbir Kapoor is a professional Ballet and Jazz dancer. He has also gone through classes for horse riding.
- He took two years to learn Tabla, and for his famous movie “Rockstar”, he learned to play the Guitar.
- Ranbir Kapoor still takes Rs 1,500 every week as his pocket money from his mother, Neetu Kapoor.
- He has been ranked in Forbes India’s Celebrity 100 list since 2012.
- Ranbir’s diet plan is designed by his mother, Neetu Kapoor, and she even used to cut his nails until he moved out of the family house.
- Ranbir Kapoor tried some 65-70 boxers for the introducing shot in “Wake Up Sid”, and all the boxers he wore in the film were his boxers.
- He tried around two dozen wigs for the song ‘Nadan Parinde’ in the famous film “Rockstar”.
- He likes to spend time with his family, friends, and dogs.
- Ranbir loves to read autobiographies and biographies. His favourite book is Heavier Than Heaven, a biography on Kurt Cobain.
- He was a very good football player in his school days and also played at a district level. He is a co-owner of the Mumbai City F.C., an Indian Super League football team.
- Ranbir said that his mother is the only lady whom he loves the most in this world.