Raj Kumar Yada, better known as Rajkummar Rao, is one of the very talented and versatile actors of Bollywood and also a philanthropist. From the beginning of his career, he has shown how potential he is to become one of the remarkable actors of the town. He broke all the old concepts of acting and shown people a new and natural form of acting. For Rajkummar’s acting skill, he is the recipient of several awards, including a “National Film Award,” three “Filmfare Awards,” and an “Asia Pacific Screen Award.”
Rajkummar Rao Biography & Wiki
Some nicknames of Rajkummar are Raj and Colgate. He was born on 31 August 1984 in Prem Nagar, Gurugram, Haryana, India. Hence, his current age is 38 years. Rajkummar Rao’s Zodiac is Virgo.
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height in centimeters||175 cm|
|Height in meters||1.75 m|
|Height in feet inches||5’ 9”|
|Weight in Kilograms||70 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||154 lbs|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
Rajkummar Rao Family Members
Rajkummar’s father’s name is Late Satyapal Yadav, a government employee in the Haryana revenue department, and his mother’s name is Late Kamlesh Yadav, a housewife. He has an elder brother, Amit, and an elder sister, Monika.
Girls, affairs, spouse name
Rajkummar Rao is unmarried but isn’t single. He has been reportedly dating the actress Patralekha Mishra Paul. He first met Patralekha during the shoot of his movie “Citylights.”
Education and School, College
Rajkummar has done his schooling at Blue Bells Model School in Gurugram. after that, He completed his Bachelor Of Arts, from The Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College, under the University of Delhi. Later in 2008, Rajkummar also did a course in Acting Discipline from Pune’s Film and Television Institute of India.
Favorites Things and Like & Dislike
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan, Manoj Bajpayee, Al Pacino, Robert De Niro, Daniel Day-Lewis, And Marlon Brando|
|Favourite Actress||Madhubala,And Konkona Sen Sharma|
|Favorite Films||Mohabbatein, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge,And The Godfather|
|Favorite Director||Hansal Mehta|
|Favorite TV Show||Game Of Thrones|
|Favorite Author||Saadat Hasan Manto, Ayn Rand, And Walter Isaacson|
|Favorite Book||The Bhagavad Gita, The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand, The Godfather by Mario Puzo, My Autography by Charlie Chaplin, Wild Seed by Octavia Butler, And You Can Win by Shiv Khera|
|Favourite Food||Italian, And Indian|
|Hobbies||Reading, Travelling, And Dancing|
|Favorite Destination||Goa, Amsterdam, And Budapest|
|Favorite Cars||Audi Q7|
|Favorite Bike||Harley Davidson Fat Bob|
Rajkummar Rao’s filmography
After completing the acting course from the Film and Television Institute of India, Rajkummar shifted to Mumbai to focus on his acting career. For around a year, he made frequent visits to various production houses and also met casting directors. After some time, he made a small, uncredited appearance as a newsreader in the 2010 political thriller “Rann.” After that, in the same year, he featured in “Love Sex Aur Dhokha (LSD).” After the beginning of his career, he did various remarkable small roles. Though the parts he played were small as great actors, Rajkummar Rao left a deep impression on the audience. Some of the unique small functions were seen in the films such as ” Ragini MMS” (2011), “Shaitan” (2011), ” Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 2” (2012), “Chittagong” (2012), and “Talaash” (2012).
Later in 2013, he appeared briefly in the movie ‘Kai Po Che‘ (2013), which also starred Late Sushant Singh Rajput and Amit Sadh. The film was a commercial success, and Rajkummar’s performance was greatly acclaimed. Then, Rajkummar Rao got his big break as a lead with Hansal Mehta’s movie “Shahid,” which had its world premiere at the 2012 Toronto “International Film Festival’s” City and later on 18 October 2013, “Shahid,” released in India. After this movie, he established himself as one of the best lead actors in Bollywood, and there was no looking back for him.
In 2014, Rajkummar starred in the successful drama movies “Queen,” starring Kangana Ranaut, and “Citylights,” along with Patralekha. In 2018, he also featured in an American film named “5 Weddings”. After that, Rajkummar also featured in some Bollywood movie like “Hamari Adhuri Kahani” (2015), “Aligarh” (2015), “Trapped” (2016), “Bareilly Ki Barfi” (2017), “Newton” (2017), “Shaadi Mein Zaroor Aana” (2017), “Omerta” (2018), “Stree” (2018) and “Judgemental Hai Kya” (2019), etc.
In 2017, Rajkummar Rao played “Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose” in the Ekta Kapoor’s web series “Bose: Dead/Alive,” which was his first OTT released. After that, his other OTT releases were, in 2020, “Ludo” (Netflix), “Chhalaang” (Amazon Prime Video), and in 2021 “The White Tiger” (Netflix). “Hum Do Hamare Do” and “Badhaai Do” two upcoming projects of Rajkummar.
Rajkummar Rao Award And Recognitions
- Because of Rajkummar’s brilliant performance in the Indian film industry, he is the recipient of several awards, including a “National Film Award,” “three Filmfare Awards,” and an “Asia Pacific Screen Award.”
- In 2013 Rajkummar Rao received the “National Film Award” in Best Actor for the film “Shahid.”
- He also received three “Filmfare Awards,” which were, in 2014, in the category of Best Actor (Critics) for the film “Shahid,” and in 2018, in Best Actor (Critics) category for the film “Trapped,” and in the same year, in the type of “Best Supporting Actor” for the movie “Bareilly Ki Barfi.”
- In 2017, Rajkummar also got the “Asia Pacific Screen Awards” in Best Performance by an Actor for the film “Newton.”
- Later, in 2018, he also received the “Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award” in Best Actor for the film “Newton.”
- Furthermore, in 2018, Rajkummar also got the “IMW Digital Award” in Best Actor for Web Series “Bose: Dead/Alive.”
Salary and Net Worth
Rajkummar takes ₹1 Crore per film. The estimated net worth of Rajkummar is $6 Million.
|Phone Number||He didn’t like to share his Phone number publicly.|
|Email Id||Not Available|
- In 2017, while hosting the opening ceremony of the 48th International Film Festival of India with a fractured leg, he joked about Smriti Irani’s name. He said, “What a co-incidence Majid Majidi (director of the IFFI’s opening film Beyond the Clouds) is an ‘Irani’ just like our union minister Smriti Irani.” When Smriti Irani took the stage, she said, “Rajkummar, the entire country should know this (referring to his joke) that you only poked fun at a minister, and it only shows as a government how tolerant we are.”
- After that, in 2018, he had a fall out with the ‘5 Weddings’ director, Namrata Singh Gujral, who said, “Either he didn’t want it to release in India or do the Hindi dub or thought it was just a small film, but I have never seen an actor behave as he did. So I don’t think I can forgive him for that.”
Facts about Rajkummar Rao
- From a very young age, he had his interests in acting and dancing. Rajkummar started acting in his 10th standard with school plays and continued doing sports in college as well. He had a rigorous schedule in his college days. Every day, he traveled 4-5 hours from Gurugram to Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College in south Delhi and then to attend his theatre classes at Mandi House before returning home late at night.
- When he was in 5th standard, he did training in martial arts and was a National level Gold medalist in Taekwondo.
- When he was a child, every time he watched a movie, he would mimic the film’s lead character.
- Rajkummar’s mother and father died in 2016 and 2019, respectively.
- Rajkummar saw “Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge” (1995) for the first time when he was 11-year-old. After that, he imagined himself as “Raj Malhotra,” which was Shah Rukh Khan’s character in the movie. He would even ask his friends to call him “Raj” and said, “What is this Rajkumar? Call me Raj!”.
- He was passionate about Bollywood to such as extent that he used to imitate Aamir Khan’s train stunt from “Ghulam” movie. (1998).
- Rajkummar always wants to be an actor as he comes from a joint family in which everyone is crazy about Television and Movies. From childhood, he has been in an environment where the whole family used to watch 2-3 films in a day and enjoyed them on the weekends. But Rajkummar Rao had a dream of being part of the VCR or DVD’s screen, rather than be one from the audience.
- When he was 16 years old, he auditioned for a dance reality show in Mumbai.
- Rajkummar got just ₹16,000 remunerations for his film “Love Sex Aur Dhokha.”
- During his college days, he started doing Theatre with the “Kshitij” theatre group and Shri Ram Center.
- While he was working at a Delhi-based theatre group “Kshitij” for a year, his senior, Mukesh Chhabra, was very much impressed with his acting, who later cast Rajkummar in two of his breakthrough films, “Kai Po Che” (2013) and “Shahid” (2013).
- Rajkummar said that he decided to become an actor after seeing Manoj Bajpayee and being “highly influenced” by his performance.
- He did the film “Talaash” (2012) to share the screen space with his inspirations, Aamir Khan.
- Rajkummar wasn’t a voracious reader before, but after reading the biography of Robert De Niro, books have become an integral part of his life; after that, he likes reading books whenever he is traveling, in his vanity van, or balcony while having coffee.
- For his role in the “Bose: Dead/Alive” web series, as “Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, he gained nearly 11 kg.
- For his role of “Muwwaqqil” in the film “Raabta” (2017), he went through a tiresome make-up process of applying prosthetics for 5-6 hours every day to look like a 324-year-old man.
- Rajkummar is an ardent devotee of “Lord Ganesha.”
- He has put a wallpaper of his mother’s picture on his phone. He considers his mother as his hero.
- Rajkummar changed his surname to Rao from Yadav in 2014 and added an extra ‘m’ to his name. He said the reason for this was, “Rao or Yadav, I can use either of the surnames as both are family names. As far as the double ‘m’ in the first name is concerned, it’s for my mother. She believes in numerology.”
- His first crush was actress Late Madhubala.
- Rajkummar says that he would like to be born as Marlon Brando in his next birth.
- He is an avid dog lover.
- Rajkummar also likes to go out shopping.
- Forbes India featured Rajkummar in their 30 Under 30 list of 2014.
- He is a vegetarian and was named “PETA’s hottest vegetarian of 2017.
- Rajkummar also appeared on Forbes India’s Celebrity 100 list and GQ magazine’s 50 Most Influential Young Indians list in 2017.
- In an interview, Rajkummar Rao said that his struggle period lasted for around one and a half years in Mumbai, and during the times, he went for many auditions for ads, Shot Films, Television, and more.
- In the “Chittagong” film, Rajkummar Rao got the chance to be featured with his inspirational actor Manoj Bajpayee.
- Rajkummar becomes the first actor in the history of Bollywood, who is honored with the “National Film Award” in almost just starting his career.
- His “Newton” movie was selected as the Indian entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 90th “Academy Awards.”
- Some movies of Rajkummar also had a world premiere in various International Film Festival.
- He has served as the brand ambassador for “Actimaxx,” “Seventh Street,” “Housing.com,” and the “Food Safety and Standards Authority” of India’s eat-right movement.
- Rajkummar survived on just coffee and carrots for almost 20 days to get into the skin of his character of ‘Shaurya” in the movie “Trapped” (2016).
- In the initial years of his career, he had to struggle a lot. In an interview, while remembering those days, he said, “It used to be tough times for me. I come from a very humble middle-class background, and there was a time in school when I didn’t have money, and my teachers paid my school fees for two years. When I came to the city, we were living in a really small house. I was paying ₹7000 of my share, which I thought was too much. I needed around 15-20000 every month to survive, and there were times I would get a notification that I have only 18 rupees left in my account. My friend would have 23 rupees”.
- Rajkummar donated an undisclosed amount of money to the “PM CARES Fund,” the Maharashtra “Chief Minister’s Relief Fund,” and “Zomato’s Feeding India” to help feed families in need because of the COVID-19 pandemic in India.
- “Stree” (2018) is the highest-grossing film of his career to date.