Mahesh Ghattamaneni, who is popularly known as Mahesh Babu, is one of the eminent actors of the Telugu film industry. He is not just an actor but also a Producer, media personality, and philanthropist. He made his acting debut as a child actor at the young age of 4 through the film titled “Needa” in 1979. Also, he acted in nearly eight movies as a child artist and finally, he made his full-fledged acting debut with a lead role in the Telugu film “Raja Kumarudu” in the year 1999.
Mahesh Babu Biography & Wiki
Mahesh Babu’s nickname is Naani, Prince(His fans call him), and Navataram Superstar. On August 9 1975, he was born in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India, in a South – Indian family. Hence, his current age is 47 years.Mahesh Babu’s Zodiac is Leo.
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height in centimeters||188 cm|
|Height in meters||1.88 m|
|Height in feet inches||6’ 2”|
|Weight in Kilograms||70 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||154 lbs|
Mahesh Babu Family Members
Mahesh Babu was born into a prominent family in the Telugu film industry. His father’s name is Krishna Ghattamaneni, is an Indian actor, director, and producer, and his mother’s name is Indira Devi, a housewife. Vijaya Nirmala (Film Actress and Director) is Mahesh Babu’s stepmother.
He has two brothers named Ramesh Babu (Elder), Naresh (Step-brother), both of them are Indian film actors and producers. He has two elder sisters named Manjula Ghattamaneni (Film Actress and Producer), Padmavathi Ghattamaneni, and a Younger sister Priyadarshini Ghattamaneni.
Girls, affairs, spouse name
Mahesh Babu was in a high-profile relationship with actress, producer, and former model (Femina Miss India 1993) Namrata Shirodkar. They met at the mahurat of their film “Vamsi“. Mahesh Babu and Namrata Shirodkar got married on February 10 2005. They are dating for nearly five years before marriage.
The couple was blessed with a son named Gautham Ghattamaneni (child actor), born on August 31 2006, and a daughter named Sitara Ghattamaneni, born on July 20 2012.
Education and School, College
Mahesh Babu did his schooling at St. Bede’s Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School, Chennai. After that, Mahesh Babu enrolled himself in Loyola College, Chennai, to get a degree in Bachelor of Commerce. Later, he did his acting course to pursue his acting talent.
Favourites Things and Like & Dislike
|Favourite Actor||Krishna Ghattamaneni|
|Favourite Actress||Sridevi and Trisha|
|Favourite Director||Mani Ratnam|
|Favourite Hobbies||Reading, jogging, playing video games|
|Favourite Foods||Hyderabad Biriyani|
|Favourite Destination||London, Greece|
|Favourite Car||Lamborghini, Toyota land Cruiser, Caravan, Range Rover, Gallardo, Mercedes Benz E class and Audi 8|
Mahesh Babu ‘s Filmography
In 19790, as a child, Mahesh Babu debuted a movie named “Needa“, after that, he acted as a child artist in a lot of films such as “Poratam” (1983), “Sankharavam” (1987), “Bazaar Rowdy” (1988), “Mugguru Kodukulu” (1988), “Gudachari 117” (1989), “Koduku Diddina Kapuram” (1989), “Anna Thammudu” (1990), “Bala Chandrudu” (1990).
Later, in 1999, he debuted as a lead in the Telugu film “Raja Kumarudu“. This movie was just the beginning of what was about to come in the future. He then gave hits after hits in films like “Yuvaraju” (2000), “Murari” (2001), “Takkari Donga” (2002), “Okkadu” (2003), “Nijam” (2003), “Arjun” (2004), “Athadu” (2005). After that, in 2006, his film, Pokiri, was a super blockbuster at the box office and received tremendous admiration from the audience. Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan praised his performance in this film.
In 2011, Mahesh Babu starred in the action-comedy “Dookudu” The film was hit on the box office, and his performance in the movie was critically acclaimed. Later, in 2012, his action film “Businessman” earned a lot of acclamation from the audience. In 2013, he featured in the action film “Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu“, which also became a massive success among the audience, and the movie was a commercial superhit.
He has portrayed a variety of characters, such as “Harsha Vardhan” in “Srimanthudu” (2015) and chief minister of Andhra Pradesh in “Bharat Ane Nenu” (2018).
Subsequently, he gained recognition in the Kollywood (Tamil) Film Industry with “Spyder” (2017). In 2019, in the film named “Maharshi“, he played the character of a CEO of a US-based software company. Mahesh Babu appeared in “Maharshi” to expand his horizon as an actor. His character in action-comedy, “Sarileru Neekevvaru“, received massive love from India and worldwide.
Furthermore, he has also started his production company and has produced films like “Srimanthudu” and “Brahmotsavam“. In 2020, “Sarileru Neekevvaru” was his last hit as an actor and producer.
“Major” (2021) as a producer and “Sarkaru Vaari Paata” (2022) as an actor and producer are upcoming projects of Mahesh Babu.
Award And Recognitions
- Mahesh Babu received eight Nandi Awards. Those were Best Male Debut for “Raja Kumarudu” (1999), Special Jury Award for “Murari” (2002), “Takkari Donga” (2003), “Arjun” (2005), and also Best Actor for “Nijam” (2004), “Athadu” (2006), “Dookudu” (2011), and “Srimanthudu” (2015).
- He also recipients of five Filmfare Awards South, which were Best Actor – Telugu for “Okkadu” (2004), “Pokiri” (2007), “Dookudu” (2011), “Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu” (2013), and also “Srimanthudu” (2015).
- Furthermore, he got three South Indian International Movie Awards, such, Best Actor (Telugu)for “Dookudu” (2012), “Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu” (2014), “Srimanthudu’ (2016).
- Other awards were Hyderabad Times Film Awards (Best Actor) for “Dookudu” (2011), TSR– TV9 National Film Awards(Best Actor) for ” Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu” (2015), and IIFA Utsavam(Best Actor – Telugu) for “Srimanthudu” (2016). Besides that, he also got three Santosham Film Awards, which were, Best Actor for “Okkadu” (2004), “Pokiri” (2007), “Businessman” (2013).
- He was also awarded in the category of ” Twitter Star” on Zee Cine Awards Telugu.
- Some other awards of Mahesh Babu were, Vamsee International Film Awards in the category of Best Actor for “Athadu” (2006), “Pokiri” (2007), and also “Athidhi” (2008).
- In 2014, he was also awarded by Sakshi Excellence Awards in the Most Popular Actor of the Year – Male.
- At last, in 2019, he was honoured by “Dadasaheb Phalke Awards South” in the category of Best Actor for ” Bharat Ane Nenu”.
Salary and Net Worth
Mahesh Babu has carved a successful path for himself over the years and earns ₹ 20 to 25 Crore per film. He also charges ₹4 to ₹6 crore for endorsing a brand. This famous actor has a net worth of around $ 20 to $30 million.
|House address||Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, India|
|Phone Number||He didn’t like to share his Phone number publicly.|
|Email Id||Not Available|
- The State Human Rights Commission filed a complaint against Mahesh Babu after endorsing the Royal Stag’s whisky ad commercial.
- He further attracted controversy after the rumour that he received a remuneration of around 1.2 million for his blockbuster film “Dookudu”, the Income Tax department raided his residence in Hyderabad.
Facts about Mahesh Babu
- Mahesh Babu spent his earlier years in Chennai, where he used to stay with his grandparents. Because he spends most of his childhood in Chennai, he can’t read Telugu well, though he speaks it fluently.
- In his childhood, he only used to see his father’s films.
- His wife Namrata Shirodkar is 2½ years older than him.
- Tamil actor Karthi is a good friend of his since childhood.
- Mahesh Babu has an own Film Production Company, renowned as a G. Mahesh Babu Entertainment Pvt. LTD.
- Only superstar Rajnikanth gets more salary than him in the South India film industry.
- Mahesh Babu is also involved with many philanthropic activities and donates 30% of his income to various charitable organizations.
- He has also adopted two villages in Telangana and addresses the people living in those villages.
- Mahesh Babu is a dog lover and keeps sharing his pictures with dogs on his social media accounts.
- He is very particular about his fitness and follows a strict workout regimen.
- He appeared on the cover of various famous magazines like Vogue, Wow, South Scope, etc.
- Mahesh Babu was ranked 31st in Forbes India celebrity 100 in 2013.
- He has also featured in India’s Most Desirable Men on various occasions and beat Bollywood superstars like Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan, and Aamir Khan in the list of the Most Desirable Man by Times of India.
- Mahesh Babu is called The Prince of Tollywood. He was ranked 54th in Forbes India for the year 2019.
- Actor Vijay has done a remake of the majority of his films in Tamil.
- The wax statue of Telugu actor Mahesh Babu was unveiled on March 25 at Madame Tussauds in Singapore.