Madhuri Shankar Dixit, better known as Madhuri Dixit (Madhuri Dixit Nene), is one of the most admired and successful Bollywood actresses and has won numerous accolades, including six “Filmfare awards” and has also received “Padma Shri” from the Government of India. She made trillions of people go crazy over her smile, dancing skills, and acting. Apart from an actress and dancer, she is also a producer, television personality, music artist, businesswoman, and philanthropist.
Madhuri Dixit Biography & Wiki
Madhuri Dixit Nene’s nicknames are Bubbly, Dhak-Dhak Girl, and Queen of Expressions. She was born on 15 May 1967 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, in a Hindu family. Hence, her current age is 55 years. Madhuri Dixit Nene’s Zodiac is Taurus.
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height in centimeters||163 cm|
|Height in meters||1.63 m|
|Height in feet inches||5’ 4”|
|Weight in Kilograms||56 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||123 lbs|
Madhuri Dixit Family Members
Madhuri Dixit Nene’s Father is Late Shankar Dixit, and her mother is Snehlata Dixit. She has an elder brother Ajit Dixit and has two elder sisters Rupa Dixit and Bharati Dixit.
Boys, affairs, spouse name
There was a rumour that Madhuri was dating actor Anil Kapoor. Later, in 1990, Madhuri Dixit had an affair with Sanjay Dutt. After that, in 1993, when Sanjay Dutt was arrested, Madhuri ended the relationship. Also, there was a buzz that she had an affair with former Indian cricketer Ajay Jadeja in the 90s’.
On 17 October 1999, Madhuri married cardiovascular surgeon Shriram Madhav Nene and moved to Denver in the United States. The couple has blessed two sons, Arin Nene(17 March 2003) and Ryan Nene(8 March 2005).
Education and School, College
Madhuri did her schooling at Divine Child High School, Mumbai. After schooling, she was enrolled in Parle College, Mumbai, for further studies, where she studied Microbiology as one of her BSc subjects, but she dropped out of college to work as a full-time actress.
Favourites Things and Like & Dislike
|Favourite Actor||Balraj Sahani, And Gregory Peck|
|Favourite Actress||Nargis, Madhubala, Meryl Streep, And Ingrid Bergman|
|Favourite Film||Garam Hawa, Ganga Jamuna, Sholay, Padosan, Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi, Roman Holiday, Gone With The Wind, And All About Eve|
|Favourite Dancers||Hema Malini, Helen, Birju Maharaj, And Gene Kelly|
|Favourite Perfume||Nina Ricci, And Issey Miyake|
|Favorite Book||A Quiver Full of Arrows by Jeffrey Archer|
|Favourite Food||Kande Pohe, Zunka Bhakar, And Modak|
|Hobbies||Dancing, And Reading|
|Favourite Travel Destination||Maldives|
|Favourite Car||SUV car|
Madhuri Dixit Nene filmography
Madhuri Dixit Nene started her Career as a model. She was a top-line model in India before entering Bollywood. In 1985, she debuted on TV with “Paying Guest” show. After that, in 1984, Madhuri debuted in Bollywood through the film “Abodh“, but she received wider public recognition with “Tezaab” (1988). Her song titled “Ek do teen” from this movie was a smash hit and still reflected as the classic. After that Madhuri established herself as a leading Hindi film actress through successful films like “Ram Lakhan“, “Tridev“, “Kishen Kanhaiya“, “Dil“, “Thanedaar“, “Saajan“, “Beta“, “Khalnayak“, “Hum Aapke Hain Koun ..!“, “Raja“, “Dil To Pagal Hai“, and “Devdas“.
The renowned painter, M.F. Hussain, called her the most beautiful woman on earth and made a film called “Gaja Gamini“, which he called a tribute to her, in which she acted alongside Shah Rukh Khan. After marriage, in 2007, Madhuri made a comeback in Bollywood with the musical “Aaja Nachle“. Later, she also acted in the films like “Dedh Ishqiya“, “Gulaab Gang“, “Total Dhamaal“, and “Kalank“.
In addition to playing in movies, Madhuri has been featured as a talent judge for reality dance shows like “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa“, “So You Think You Can Dance“, and Dance Deewane (2018-Present). Madhuri is also a good singer and sung small portions in several songs like “Kaahe Chhed” for film Devdas, “Soniye Mil Ja” for film Aaja Nachle, and “Rangi Saari Gulaabi” for film “Gulaab Gang“. Later, in 2020, she made her official singing debut with an English single, “Candle“, dedicating it to frontline workers fighting the COVID-19 pandemic.
In 2013, Madhuri also started an online dance academy with the name “Dance with Madhuri“. Madhuri’s upcoming project is “Finding Anamika“, which she debuted web Series, release on “Netflix”.
Award And Recognitions
- Because of Madhuri Dixit Nene’s brilliant performance in the Indian film industry, she receives several awards, including six “Filmfare Awards“.
- Out of six “Filmfare Awards”, four in the category of “Best Actress” for “Dil” (1991), “Beta” (1993), “Hum Aapke Hain Koun..!” (1995), “Dil To Pagal Hai” (1998), films. One for in the category of “Best Supporting Actress” for “Devdas” (2003) and the rest one also For completing 25 years in the Indian film industry in 2011.
- Later, in 2008 She also received the “Kalabhinetri Award” by the Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- In 2012, Madhuri Dixit Nene received the “Master Dinanath Mangeshkar Vishesh Award” for Overall contribution.
- Also, in 2012, She honoured with the “Raj Kapoor Special Contribution Award” for Overall contribution.
- Finally, in 2008, Madhuri Dixit Nene received “Padma Shri” from the Government of India.
Salary and Net Worth
As per sources, Madhuri Dixit Nene takes ₹4-5 crore per movie and also takes ₹1 crore per episode for her work in TV shows. The estimated net worth of Madhuri is $35 million.
|House address||2-B/110/1201, Excellency, 4th Cross Road, Lokhandwala, Complex, Andheri (West),Mumbai 400058|
|Phone Number||She didn’t like to share his Phone number publicly.|
|Email Id||Not Available|
- Madhuri Dixit’s kissing scene with actor Vinod Khanna, who was 20 years older than her for the film “Dayavan” (1988), was counted among one of the creepiest kissing scenes ever. She has confessed that she should have rejected that entire scene altogether.
- She further attracted controversy when she used to promote “Maggi”, saying that it is very healthy for kids. But, after the “Maggi” controversy (MSG in high amount) in 2015, she was severely criticized for it. A district court directed police to register an FIR against Madhuri for this.
- In 2012, Madhuri demanded a considerable amount of ₹9 – 10 Crore to be the brand ambassador of Maharashtra. The news soon spread quickly, and she was criticized for acting so pricey, and later Hrithik Roshan replaced her.
Facts about Madhuri Dixit Nene
- Madhuri Dixit Nene started learning dance at the age of 3 and received many awards for her Kathak dance in her younger days.
- She also is trained in Taekwondo.
- If not an actress, she would have been a microbiologist or a pathologist.
- In 1984, Madhuri was cast in a TV Show, but it never went on air as it was considered not ‘Good Enough’.
- Madhuri had a crush on Cricketer Sunil Gavaskar. In an interview with India Today in 1995, Madhuri said- “I am mad for Sunil Gavaskar. He is too sexy. I want to run behind him, and he even came in my dream”.
- She met her husband, Dr Shriram Madhav Nene, a UCLA cardiovascular, through her brother.
- Madhuri has featured seven times on Forbes India’s Celebrity 100 list.
- Apart from her acting career, Madhuri Dixit has been actively involved in various charitable works. In 2001 she donated her winnings of ₹50 lacs in the “Kaun Banega Crorepati” show to the victims of the 2001 Gujarat earthquake and an orphanage in Pune.
- Madhuri has also worked with UNICEF to advocate the rights of children and to prevent child labour. In 2014, she was appointed the UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador in India.
- The Government of India had made her brand ambassador of the “Beti Bachao Beti Padhao” campaign.
- Madhuri has also supported various PETA campaigns in India.
- She has a fear of Cockroaches.
- Madhuri wore a Ghaghra in the song “Kahe Ched Ched Mohe” in Devdas (2002), which weighed 30 kg.
- She was one of the country’s highest-paid actresses in the 1990s and early 2000s, and she was paid more fees than Salman Khan (approx. 3 Crore) for the film “Hum Aapke Hain Koun ..!” (1994).
- Madhuri also featured in “Nutrela” and “Aquaguard Water Purifier”, etc., commercials.