Kangana Ranaut is an Indian actress and director who works in Hindi films. She is one of the highest-paid actresses in the country. Kangana was featured five times in Forbes India’sCelebrity 100 list. She is the recipient of several awards. She is addressed in the Bollywood Industry as a “One take actor”.
Biography & Wiki
Kangana Ranaut’s real name is Kangana Amardeep Ranaut. She was born on born on 23 March 1986 in Bhambla, Himachal Pradesh, India into a well-off Rajput landlord family. Hence, her current age is 33 years. Kangana’s Zodiac is Aries.
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height in centimeters||168 cm|
|Height in meters||1.68 m|
|Height in feet inches||5’ 6”|
|Weight in kilograms||55 kg|
|Weight in pounds||121 lbs|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
Kangana Ranaut’s father’s name is Amardeep Ranaut who is a Businessman. Her mother’s name is Asha Ranaut who is a Teacher. She has an elder sister named Rangoli Ranaut. Her brother’s name is Akshit Ranaut.
Education and School, College
Kangana completed her schooling at DAV Model School, Sector 15, Chandigarh. She initially intended to become a doctor but failed unit test in chemistry. Also, she prepared for the All India Pre Medical Test, she did not turn up for the exam.
Boys, affairs, spouse name
As per media, Kangana had a relationship with actor Aditya Pancholi in her struggling day. She also dated actor Adhyayan Suman, who is the son of famous actor Shekhar Suman. It was also rumored that Kangana dated with actor Ajay Devgan. She has a serious relationship with British doctor Nicholas Lafferty.
There was a big controversy that started when Kangana declared that, she had a relationship with actor and superstar Hrithik Roshan. She and Hrithik Roshan had a media-led fight that started off with her calling him as a “silly ex” and later resulted in full-blown name-calling, e-mail leaking, legal battle. In 2016, Hrithik Roshan filed a lawsuit against Kangana accusing her of cyberstalking and harassment.
Favorite Things and Hobbies
|Favorite Food(s)||Berry Burst, Dal-Chawal|
|Favorite Beverage(s)||Coffee, Red Wine|
|Favorite Actor(s)||Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favorite Actresses||Sridevi, Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn|
|Favorite Film(s)||Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Piku, Bombay Velvet|
|Favourite Book||Mahatma Gandhi Autobiography: The Story Of My Experiments With Truth by Mahatma Gandhi|
|Favorite Perfume||Chanel No. 5|
|Favorite Fashion Icon||Sonam Kapoor|
|Favorite Restaurant||KongPoush in Mumbai|
|Favourite Hotel(s)||Soho Grand Hotel in New York, Le Meurice in Paris, Four Seasons in the Maldives, Courthouse in London|
|Favorite Destination(s)||Paris, Milan, London, New York|
Kangana Ranaut filmography
Before doing films, Kangana worked as a theatre actor in Delhi with the Asmita Theatre Group. Her first play was Girish Karnad’s Taledanda (Rakt-Kalyan). Moreover, she also did plays for Arvind Gaur’s workshop at India Habitat Centre.
Kangana made her acting debut in 2006 with a thriller movie Gangster directed by Anurag Basu. After that, her role was in the Mohit Suri-directed drama Woh Lamhe. Back to back, she played the lead role for many emotionally intense movies Life in a… Metro and Fashion (2008).
Kangana debuted in Tamil movie with Dhaam Dhoom. She debuted in Telugu Film with Ek Niranjan.
2011 commercially successful Tanu Weds Manu was well-received, though this was followed by a series of brief, glamorous roles in films that failed to propel her career forward. This changed in 2013 when she played a mutant opposite Hrithik Roshan in the science fiction film Krrish 3, one of the highest-grossing Indian films. In 2014 she played the lead role in comedy-drama Queen.
After that, she appeared in a dual role in the comedy sequel Tanu Weds Manu: Returns in 2015, which ranks as the most successful Hindi film featuring a female protagonist. This movie earned over ₹1 billion (US$14 million) in India. Following a series of commercial failures, she co-directed and played the titular role in the biopic Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi (2019).
Awards & Recognitions
- In 2006 she got Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut for the movie Gangster.
- She is one of the youngest Indian actresses to win the National Film Awards at the age of 22, Best Supporting Actress for Fashion (2008).
- She has won 3 National Awards for her performance in Fashion (2006), Queen (2014), and Tanu Weds Manu Returns (2015).
- In 2020, the Government of India honored her with the Padma Shri.
- She won several awards for Queen, including the Filmfare and the National Film Award for Best Actress.
- She received a second consecutive National Film Award for Best Actress and a Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress for her role in Tanu Weds Manu Returns.
Salary and Net Worth
Kangana Ranaut’s net worth is $10 million. She earns almost ₹14 crores for every movie she plays as salary. She also owns a luxurious car including the BMW 7 Series. Kangana also has a 67,000 per sq.ft bungalow in Pali Hill, Bandra, Mumbai which worth ₹20.7 crores. Furthermore, she has an 8-BHK bungalow in Manali, Himachal Pradesh.
|House Address||3,075 sq ft. Bungalow, Chetak Co-operative Housing Society, Nargis Dutt Road, Pali Hill, Bandra, Mumbai|
|Phone Number||She didn’t like to share her Phone number publicly.|
|Email Id||Not Available|
- During her initial days in Bollywood, she was in a relationship with Aditya Pancholi, who was around 20 years older than her and already married. However, things got complicated when she accused Aditya of violence and broke up with him.
- After her break up with Adhyayan Suman, he said, “I was emotionally badgered because of my relationship. Kangna only knows how to use, abuse and throw. She has flooded me with abusive calls ever since the truth about her fake claims came out. I have remained silent on her abusive nature for so many years, but she is crossing all limits now. Since I haven’t been taking her calls, her aides have been calling my mother and harassing her.”
- She is known for her bold statements, but she made a blunder during a chat show by saying, “Just good friends could be friendship plus fk buddies. Just friends in Bollywood mean fk buddies who are little promoted.”
- During the 2012 Blender Pride Fashion Week, in Mumbai, she suffered a wardrobe malfunction while walking the ramp for designer Gavin Miguel.
- She and Hrithik Roshan had a media-led fight that started off with her calling him as a “silly ex” and later resulted in full-blown name-calling, e-mail leaking, legal battle.
- In 2018, during the MeToo movement, Kangana Ranaut alleged that Vikas Bahl had harassed her on the sets of ‘Queen.’
- In January 2019, just before the release of her film ‘Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi,’ the Karni Sena threatened the makers of the film that if the image of Rani Lakshmibai is maligned in the film, then makers will have to “face consequences.” To which Kangana strongly replied, “Four historians have certified ‘Manikarnika’, we have got censor certificate as well, Karni Sena has been conveyed this but they are continuing to harass me. If they don’t stop then they should know I am also a Rajput and I will destroy each one of them”.
Facts about Kangana Ranaut
- Kangana has “A sword and wings with a crown” tattoo on her Nape of the Neck.
- Also, she has an “A warrior angel” tattoo on her left Ankle.
- She grew up in a male dominant conservative joint family and the biased restriction made her rebellious. She told in an interview, “My father slapped me for the first time at 15 and I told him, If you slap me I will slap you back.”
- Her mother wanted her to get married at the age of 16, but Kangana straightaway showed her disapproval.
- In her childhood, she rarely saw films; as her hometown didn’t have a theatre and DVD’s was a rarity at that time.
- She was always a bright student and aspired to become a doctor. As a science student, she used to study for around 18 hours a day and secured 90% in her intermediate. But she suffered a setback when she failed to clear her pre-medical, which made her quit studies and move out of her hometown.
- In her younger days, she was an active participator in the beauty contests.
- Kangana was kicked out of her house when she told her family that she wanted to enter the glamour world.
- When she moved to Delhi, she initially learned music, and in 2003, she joined the Elite Modelling Agency in Delhi in 2003, to become a model.
- In 2005, her younger sister Rangoli Chandel was attacked with acid by a man, who had entered her house as a money order delivery boy.
- She went to New York for her scriptwriting course but had to leave it midway; as she had to return to India to promote her film ‘Queen’.
- Earlier, she used to be a hardcore non-vegetarian, in 2013, she turned vegetarian. Moreover, in the same year, she was listed as “India’s Hottest Vegetarian” by PETA.
- She is a trained Kathak dancer.
- Her first crush was English footballer, David Beckham.
- She dreams of purchasing an organic farmhouse and a stable in Shimla after she retires from her work.
- In September 2017, she revealed explosive things about her personal life and Bollywood film industry on Rajat Sharma’s ‘Aap Ki Adalat’.