Kajol ( Kajol Mukherjee Devgn) is one of the most admired and successful Bollywood actresses and has won numerous accolades, including six “Filmfare awards,” and has also received “Padma Shri” from the Government of India.
Kajol Biography & Wiki
Kajol’s nickname is Kads. Kajol was born on 5th August 1974 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, in a Hindu family. Hence, her current age is 46 years. Kajol’s Zodiac is Leo.
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height in centimeters||161 cm|
|Height in meters||1.61 m|
|Height in feet inches||5′ 3”|
|Weight in Kilograms||57 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||126 lbs|
Kajol Family Members
Kajol’s Father was Late Shomu Mukherjee, who was an Indian director, writer, and producer. And her mother is Tanuja, is an Indian actress. Her maternal great-grandmother was Rattan Bai, who was an Indian film actress and singer. And her maternal grandmother was Shobhna Samarth, an Indian film actress, director, and producer. Joy Mukherjee(Indian film actor and director) and Deb Mukherjee(Bengali Actor) were paternal uncles of Kajol.
The legendary Kishore Kumar, Anoop Kumar, and Ashok Kumar were Kajol’s cousin’s grand-uncles. Her paternal grandfather was Late Sashadhar Mukherjee( Indian film producer), and her maternal grandfather was Kumarsen Samarth( Indian film director). Kajol’s maternal aunt was Nutan, who was an Indian film actress. She has a younger sister named Tanisha Mukerji(an Indian film actress). Kajol’s cousins Rani Mukerji(Chopra ), Sharbani Mukherjee are both Bollywood actresses. Mohnish Behl(Bollywood actor) and Ayan Mukerji( Director) are also Kajol’s cousins. Ashutosh Gowariker(Indian film director, actor, screenwriter, and producer ) and Aditya Chopra (Indian filmmaker) are Kajol’s Brother-In-Law.
Boys, affairs, spouse name
Kajol was in a relationship with Karthik((South Indian Actor) for a few years. Later, Kajol was married to actor Ajay Devgn on 24th February 1999 in the traditional Maharashtrian style, after few years of in a relationship.
She was pregnant for the first time in 2001, but she suffered a miscarriage. They together have a daughter named Nysa, born on 20th April 2003, and a Son named Yug was born on 13th September 2010.
Education and School, College
Kajol studied at the St Joseph Convent boarding school in Panchgani. At the age of only sixteen, she started acting and even dropped out of school to work as a full-time actress.
Favorites Things and Like & Dislike
|Favourite Actor||Ajay Devgn, Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Film||Sholay, Chaalbaaz, Casablanca, Ironman 3, and Gone With The Wind|
|Favourite Director||Aditya Chopra|
|Favourite Perfume||Cool Waters|
|Favourite Food||Pizza, Spaghetti Salad with Olives and French Fries|
|Favourite Travel Destination||Europe|
|Favourite Car||Mercedes Benz SUV|
Kajol debuted in 1992 through the film “Bekhudi.” Though the film was a flop, her performance gained positive notice. In the following year, “Baazigar” become the first hit of her career.
“Udhaar Ki Zindagi” (1994), “Yeh Dillagi” (1994), “Karan Arjun” (1995), “Taaqat” (1995), “Hulchul” (1665), “Gundaraj” (1995) some films of Kajal’s life, out of this films “Yeh Dillagi” and “Karan Arjun” were two massive hits of Kajol’s career.
In 1995, “Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge” becomes an essential film of Kajol’s life, and this film considers as one of the most successful Indian films in history. Kajol’s next notable role is Isha Diwan(Negative Role) in the film “Gupt: The Hidden Truth” (1997).
After that, she has appeared in so many famous movies like “Ishq” (1997), “Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya’ (1998), “Dushman” (1998), “Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha” (1998), “Kuch Kuch Hota Hai” (1998), “Dil Kya Kare” (1999), “Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain” (1999), and “Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham…” (2001). After marriage in 2006, Kajol returns with “Fanaa” on the silver screen, and “Fanaa” was a massive hit. “U Me Aur Hum” (2007), “My Name Is Khan” (2010), “Dilwale,” “Helicopter Eela” and “Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior” etc. were some films of her life, out of this film “Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior” was super hit. In 1997, Kajol’s debuted Tamil film was “Minsara Kanavu,” and her next Tamil film was “Velaiilla Pattadhari 2” in 2017.
She also debuted in Telugu film through “VIP 2” in the year 2017. Kajol’s first OTT release was “Tribhanga” (2021) on Netflix. She’s Showcased as a talent judge for Zee Television’s reality show “Rock-N-Roll Family” in 2008.
Award And Recognitions
- Because of Kajol’s brilliant performance in the Indian film industry, she receives several awards, including six “Filmfare Awards.”
- Out of six “Filmfare Awards,” five in the category of “Best Actress” for “Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge” (1996), “Kuch Kuch Hota Hai” (1999), “Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham…” (2002), “Fanaa” (2007), “My Name Is Khan” (2011) and rest one also in the category of “Best Performance in a Negative Role” for “Gupt: The Hidden Truth” (1998).
- In 2020, Kajol received the 5th Annual “Rajiv Gandhi Award” for Excellence in the active field.
- Later, in 2008 She also got the “Karamvir Puraskaar National Award” for Social Justice & Citizen Action.
- Finally, in 2011, Kajol received “Padma Shri” from the Government of India.
Salary and Net Worth
As per sources, Kajol takes ₹9-12 crore per movie, and her estimated net worth is $25.5 Million.
|House address||5/6, Sheetal Apartments, Ground Floor, Opposite Chandan Cinema, Juhu, Mumbai and 45/D Malgari Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Phone Number||She didn’t like to share his Phone number publicly.|
|Email Id||Not Available|
Kajol’s longtime friendship with Karan Johar ended in 2016, and the reason behind it was the Diwali clash of her husband, Ajay Devgn’s “Shivaay” and Karan Johar’s “Ae Dil Hai Mushkil.” Karan also said that he would never be friends with Kajol again. However, the reconciliation began when Kajol liked a post of Karan’s twins Yash and Roohi. According to reports, she also invited him to a party, where they ended their differences.
Facts about Kajol
- Kajol is half Bengali and half Maharashtrian,
- Her father was Bengali, while her mother is Maharashtrian
- She can speak Marathi, but she struggles in speaking Bengali.
- Since childhood, Kajol took an interest in dancing and acting.
- Kajol’s father died in 2008 after suffering cardiac arrest.
- If not an actress, she would have been a psychiatrist.
- Kajol is a social activist and noted for her work with widows and children.
- According to Kajol, “every child deserves education,” as “education is the basis of society.” She is also involved with “Shiksha,” an NGO that works in children’s education.
- In 2012, Kajol was appointed as the brand ambassador of “Pratham,” a charity organization for children.
- She cannot cook at all.
- Kajol turned down an offer from Karan Johar to star in the drama “Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna” in 2006, as she did not want to leave her daughter for a 90-day schedule in New York City.
- Kajol was the original choice of director for the role of Preity Zinta in “Veer-Zaara” and the part of Rani Mukherjee in “Baabul.” Both the film she refused.
- Also, Rajkumar Hirani offered “3 idiots” to Kajol, but she refused the offer as she was not happy with the role.
- In 2010, she and Shah Rukh Khan became the first Indian actors to be invited by NASDAQ to open the American stock exchange.
- Her biggest hit, “Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge” (1995), holds the record of reaching 1000+ consecutive weeks of screening in a single cinema – Maratha Mandir in Mumbai.
- Kajol is an avid reader.
- She also loves to write poetry.
- Kajol is a socialite and loves to hang out with ladies much older than her.
- She is not conscious about fashion and likes to wear decent outfits. Moreover, Kajol enjoys online shopping and is not much brand conscious.
- Kajol appeared in various popular magazines like” Elle,” “Vogue,” etc.
- In 2006, miniature dolls of Kajol were launched in the United Kingdom.
- In 2000, she also launched an online portal named Cineexplore for Ajay Devgn’s production company, Devgn Entertainment and Software Ltd. Apart from producing films, the company makes software for TV and music videos.
- Kajol has been described in the media as one of the most successful actresses in the history of Hindi cinema
- she holds the record for most Best Actress awards previously set by her aunt Nutan.
- Kajol considers her negative role as Isha Diwan in the film “Gupt” (1997) as her most challenging role to date. And for this film, she became the first Indian actress to win a Filmfare Award for a negative role.