Farhan Abraham, better known as John Abraham, is an Indian Film Actor, Film Producer, and former model, philanthropist, and businessman who is mainly known for his Bollywood industry work. His debuted movie was “Jism”. John became famous for his role of Kabir in the action film “Dhoom.”
John Abraham Biography & Wiki
Some nicknames of John are John and Johny. He was born on 17 December 1972 in Kochi, Kerala, India. Hence, his current age is 49 years. John’s Zodiac is Sagittarius.
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height in centimeters||183 cm|
|Height in meters||1.83 m|
|Height in feet inches||6’|
|Weight in Kilograms||94 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||209 lbs|
John Abraham Family Members
John’s father’s name is Abraham John, who is an architect. His mother’s name is Firoza Irani, who is a homemaker and also works for charity. John has a younger brother named Alan Abraham, who is an architect. He also has a cousin named Susy Mathew, who is an author.
Girls, affairs, spouse name
John Abraham dated the actress Riya Sen and wanted to settle down with her, but Riya rejected the offer as she wanted to make her career in Bollywood. After that, John met Bipasha Basu in their film “Jism” and fell in love with her. The couple dated for around eight years, but their relationship ended because of John’s closeness with Priya.
Finally, John fell in love with Priya Runchal, an NRI financial analyst and investment banker from the U.S., at a gym in Bandra. The couple got married on 3 January 2014 in a private ceremony.
Education and School, College
John Abraham did his schooling at Mumbai’s Bombay Scottish School and enrolled in Jai Hind College, the University of Mumbai, to pursue a B.A. in Economics. After that, he completed an MBA from SVKM’s NMIMSt.
Favorites Things and Like & Dislike
|Favourite Actor||Sylvester Stallone|
|Favourite Actress||Rani Mukerji, Hema Malini, Kajol|
|Favorite Films||Inception (2010)|
|Favorite Music Band||Queensryche, Def Leppard, Guns N Roses, and Hinder and Creed|
|Favorite Author||Jeffrey Archer|
|Favorite Color||White and Blue|
|Favorite Outfit||Jeans, T-shirts and Chappals|
|Favourite Food||Parsi or Kerala food; Dhansak, Patra-ni-Macchi, Prawn Patia, Thai Food, and Puttu with Coconut Milk|
|Favourite Dessert||Kaju Katli, and Chocolate Cookies|
|Favourite Restaurant||Suzette, Yoga House, Royal China, Thai Baan, And Zuma|
|Favourite Beverage||Tea, Carrot Juice, and Sour Cherry Wine called Visinata (drinks occasionally)|
|Hobbies||Biking and Gymming|
|Favorite Sport||Football and Cricket|
|Favorite Player||Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Valentino Rossi|
|Favorite Destination||New York City|
|Favorite Cars||Lamborghini Gallardo, Audi Q7, Maruti Gypsy, Audi Q3, Nissan Terrano SUV,|
|Favorite Bike||Yamaha VMAX, Yamaha R1, and Suzuki Hayabusa|
John Abraham’s filmography
Before starting a career in acting, John Abraham appeared in numerous advertisements and companies. After that, he was featured in a Punjabi album titled “Surma,” a Jazzy B’s album in which he played the role of a criminal investigator. He then worked as a media planner and production manager in Time & Space Media Entertainment Promotions Ltd and Enterprises Nexus. In 2003, John debuted Bollywood through “Jism” movie. In 2004, his negative role in the action film “Dhoom” established him as an actor in Bollywood.
After that, John also featured as an actor in some Bollywood movie like “Karam” (2005), “Viruddh” (2005), “Water” (2005), “Taxi No. 9211” (2006), “Baabul” (2006), “Kabul Express” (2006), “Salaam-e-Ishq: A Tribute to Love” (2007), “Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal” (2007), “Dostana” (2008), “New York” (2009), “Force” (2011), “Desi Boyz” (20110, “Housefull 2” (2012), “Race 2” (2013), “Shootout at Wadala” (2013), “Dishoom” (2016), “Satyameva Jayate” (2018), and “Romeo Akbar Walter” (2019), etc. In 2012, John also turned Film producer through the “Vicky Donor” movie.
After that, a new era started in John’s career. “Madras Cafe” (2013), “Force 2” (2016), “Parmanu: The Story of Pokhran” (2018), and “Batla House” (2019), etc., some superhits of John’s career as an actor as well as a Producer.
His last theater release was “Mumbai Saga” (2021). In 2018, John Abraham also produced the Marathi film “Savita Damodar Paranjpe.” On 18 May 2021, “Sardar Ka Grandson” became the first OTT released( Netflix) of John’s career as a producer and actor.
“Satyameva Jayate 2” (2021), “Ek Villain Returns” (2022), and “Pathan” (2022) are upcoming projects of John as an actor. Also, as a producer and as an actor, “Attack “(2021) is his upcoming project.
Salary and Net Worth
John takes ₹11 Crore per film. The estimated net worth of John is around $30 million.
John Abraham Contact Address
|House address||PAshiyana Estate, John Baptist Road, Bandra West, Mumbai|
|Phone Number||He didn’t like to share his Phone number publicly.|
|Email Id||Not Available|
Award And Recognitions
John received several awards. Some of these are,
- In 2005, John Abraham received “Zee Cine Awards” (Zee Cine Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role) and “IIFA Awards” (IIFA Best Villain Award) for the movie “Dhoom.”
- John Abraham received the “Rajiv Gandhi Award for his achievement in Bollywood” award in 2006.
- Furthermore, in 2012, John also received the “Most Stylish Man – G.Q. Awards (India)” Award.
- In 2013, he also got “Asiavision Awards” (Icon of the Year)for the movie “Madras Cafe.”
- John received the “National Film Award” (National Film Award for Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment) for the movie “Vicky Donor” in 2013,
- In 2013, he also got the “NDTV-Creative Entrepreneur of the Year” Awards.
- In 2010, he appeared on a singing reality show, “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar,” to promote his film “Jhootha Hi Sahi.” He kissed Sugandha Mishra after her performance. Though Sugandha was excited about being kissed by her celebrity crush, her grandfather raised an issue. John was highly criticized for his actions. Later, when John again appeared on the same show, he apologized for his actions.
- The famous “liplock” between Abhishek Bachchan and John Abraham in the film “Dostana” became a matter of trouble for the actor. The scene created a huge controversy that it was the talk of the town for months.
- John is usually known for his polite behavior. However, the actor lost his cool during the trailer launch of his film, “Force 2”. According to sources, when he made his exit from the venue, one of his fans grabbed his arm and pulled him for a selfie. John got so annoyed with this act that he ended up slapping the man.
Facts about John Abraham
- John belongs to a multi-religious family. He was born to a Malayali Narsani father and a Parsi mother.
- He was named Farhan Irani by his maternal side but used John Abraham, which is the reverse of his dad’s name, Abraham John.
- John considers himself a spiritual person but does not follow any particular religion.
- His cousin Susy Matthew wrote novels like “In A Bubble Of Time.”
- Since his childhood, he was an enthusiast athlete and participated in 100m and 200m races. He has also represented his school at the district level in a 100m race event.
- John’s dreamt of becoming an architect like his dad and brother, but destiny took him to the film industry.
- John is a big bike lover, and he bought his first bike- Yamaha Re 350 at the age of 18 for ₹17500.
- In 1999, he won the “Gladrags Manhunt Contest” and went to the Philippines for the “Manhunt International,” where he won second place.
- John later modeled in Hong Kong, London, and New York City and appeared in several commercial advertisements and other music videos for singers including Pankaj Udhas, Hans Raj Hans, and Babul Supriyo.
- John was about to debut in Rahul Rawail’s direction- “Is Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon,” which was shelved after 75 percent of the shoot.
- He has done an acting course to learn the basics of acting skills from Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Laboratory.
- Abhishek Bachchan, Uday Chopra, and Hrithik Roshan are his best friends, and they all were also in the same school.
- Also, John Abraham is a very good friend of cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni (Former India Captain )and was also seen wearing a jersey named Dhoni with number 7 in the movie- Desi Boyz.
- Despite owning such a big name and luxuries, his father still travels by bus and his mother by auto.
- He is an ardent football lover and is also the football team owner- NorthEast United Football Club, which competes in the Indian Super League (ISL).
- John was also a big gadget freak and invented a cell phone game and named it Velocity, which was later programmed by a company named Small Devices.
- In 2003, his voice was dubbed by some other actor in his debuted film “Jism”.
- John’s hairstyle in the movie “Dhoom” (2004) became the trendsetter among youth.
- In a scene in the movie “Force” (2011), he lifted a bike weighing 115 kg himself without any safety measures or harness.
- John also takes an active interest in the United Way, based in Denver, United States. In January 2009, he flagged off the Mumbai Marathon, an annual event organized to benefit the United Way. He did not run the marathon but encouraged the participants by waving at them from the start line.
- John suffers from a deviated nasal septum, which means a partially closed nose due to which he has to breathe through his mouth also.
- In an interview, he disclosed that his father was a cancer patient and struggled a lot to survive through it, and he wants to emulate his father in his strengths.
- In his real life, John hates going to late-night parties and clubs.
- John is a big fan of Valentino Rossi, and he also gifted his film CD to Rossi.
- Also, he got inspired to stay fit after watching Sylvester Stallone’s “Rocky IV,” and he was 22 at that time.
- In an interview chat show “M Bole Toh,” John disclosed that once, he was surrounded by many girls, who forcedly put their hands under his T-shirt, to which even John’s guards were not able to respond. Later, when the girls left, his chest was bleeding. When he asked one of the girls why that weird act, she said that she wanted his skin in his nails, and he was shocked at this.
- In 2016, for his film “Dishoom,” besides quitting smoking, he had to smoke a lot for his role, which caused numerous troubles for him. However, he later went for detox too.
- John Abraham is the Indian brand ambassador for Reebok and Yamaha. Moreover, he is planning out to launch his bike racing team.
- He is an ardent animal lover, has two pet dogs named Bailey and Sia.
- John is a vegetarian. He is an animal lover and takes an interest in PETA ( (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) and Habitat for Humanity. In April 2013, on behalf of PETA, John Abraham wrote a letter to the “Minister for Environment and Forests,” Jayanthi Natarajan, asking that she make all circuses in India animal-free.
- He has replaced Akshay Kumar four times. He replaced him in the sequels of “Welcome,” “Aankhen,” “Awaara Paagal Deewana,” and “Hera Pheri 3”.
- John owns a fitness entity named J.A. Fitness, a clothing brand named J.A., and a production house named J.A. entertainment.
- He is also a celebrity supporter of UNHCR India and promotes the cause of refugees in India. According to his website, he donated ₹10 Lakh to the Lilavati Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai.