Diljit Singh Dosanjh, now known as Diljit Dosanjh, is an award-winning Indian Film Actor, Playback Singer, Songwriter, Dancer, Television Presenter, Philanthropist, Musician, and Voice Artist, who is best known for his work in Punjabi cinema as well as Bollywood movies. He debuted as a singer in the album “Ishq Da Uda Ada” with Finetone Cassettes, a division of T-Series. in 2004. He won the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut for his Bollywood debuted film with “Udta Punjab”. Also, He is the first turbaned Sikh to be honoured with a wax statue at Madame Tussauds.
Diljit Singh Dosanjh Biography & Wiki
Diljit Dosanjh’s nickname is Bhindi. He was born on 6 January 1984 in Dosanjh Kalan, Jalandhar, Punjab, India, in a Sikh family. Hence, his current age is 37 years. Diljit’s Zodiac is Capricorn.
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height in centimeters||175 cm|
|Height in in meters||1.75 m|
|Height in in feet inches||5’ 9”|
|Weight in Kilograms||69 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||150 lbs|
Diljit Singh Dosanjh Family Members
Diljitt’s father’s name is Balbir Singh Dosanjh, an employee of Punjab Roadways, and his mother’s name is Sukhwinder Kaur, a housewife. He also has a brother named Manjeet Singh. He also has a sister.
Girls, affairs, spouse name
Diljit married Sandeep Kaur, and together the couple is blessed with a son. His wife and son live in America.
Education and School, College
Diljit did his elementary schooling at Ludhiana’s Shri Guru Harkrishan Public School. Later, he also attended Al Manar Public School, Ludhiana, to complete his 10th standard. Diljit was inclined towards music from a very young age and started performing Kirtan (Sikh religious music) at “Gurudwaras” to fulfil his singing desire. After joining college, he started singing in theatres too.
Favourites Things and Like & Dislike
|Favourite Singer||Gurdas Maan, Kuldeep Manak, Arijit Singh, Sunidhi Chauhan, Taylor Swift|
|Favourite Actor||Salman Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Kareena Kapoor, Deepika Padukone, Alia Bhatt, Kylie Jenner|
|Favourite Food||Sarson Ka Saag Makki Ki Roti, Pinnif|
|Favourite Languages||Punjabi, English, Hindi|
|Favourite Player||Virat Kohli|
|Favourite Fashion Brand||Tom Ford|
|Favourite Car||Porsche Panamera, Mitsubishi Pajero, Audi Q7, BMW 5 Series, Mercedes Benz G63|
|Favourite Travel Destination||New York|
Diljit Dosanjh’s Carrier
Diljit debuted as a singer in the album “Ishq Da Uda Ada” with Finetone Cassettes in 2004. He sang all eight tracks of the album. Later he released his 2nd album, “Dil“, “Nacho Diyan Alran Kuwariyan“, “Paggan Pochviyan Wale“, which is the popular tracks from his 3rd album, which gave him fame among the audience. He then worked for the album “Chocolate” in 2008. “The Next Level” was his 6th album as a singer. He sang “Mel Karade Rabba: Original Soundtrack” in 2010.
Diljit Singh Dosanjh also entered the Punjabi film industry with his debuted film “The Lion of Punjab” in 2011. The movie didn’t work well, but his song “Lak 28 Kudi Da” received great success. Then his next movie, “Jihne Mera Dil Luteya“, featuring him with Neeru Bajwa and Gippy Grewal, worked pretty well at the box office. In 2011, three singles of his – “Dharti“, “Catty Eyes“, and “Chustiyan” were released. Later, he continued working with Honey Singh. His single “Goliya” was released in 2012. He sang and appeared in a music video for the movie “Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya” in the single “Pee Pa Pee Pa“. He also worked as a lead actor in ‘Jatt & Juliet’ in 2012. The movie was a super hit.
He gave vocals for the song “Main Taan Aidaan Hi Nachna” from Hindi movie Yamla Pagla Deewana 2 in 2013. He was then featured in “Proper Patola“, the 1st Punjabi song released on Vevo. His movie “Punjab 1984” was a massive hit and even received a national award.
In 2016, Diljit also entered into Hindi film industry with his first movie called “Udta Punja“. He also sang the song “Ik Kudi” for this movie. His next Hindi movie was “Phillauri” in 2017. He acted in 2 Bollywood films in 2018, “Welcome to New York” and “Soorma“, and both the films failed at the box office.
After that, his next film in Bollywood Arjun Patiala, and this film too was a box-office disaster. However, in 2019 his Punjabi release “Shadaa” and Bollywood release “Good Newwz” were blockbuster hits. In 2020, he was last seen in the Bollywood film “Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari”.
Diljit Dosanjh also judged three consecutive sessions of “Rising Star” on Colors.
Award And Recognitions
- In 2010 Diljit received PTC Punjabi Music Awards (Best Folk Pop Album )for the album “The Next Level”) and PTC Punjabi Film Award (Most Popular Song of the Year) for the song “Lak 28 Kudi Da.”
- Later in 2012. Also, he was received, Punjabi International Film Academy Award( Best Actor) and also received PTC Punjabi Film Awards(Best Actor)for “Jihne Mera Dil Luteya.”
- In 2013, Diljit was awarded by PTC Punjabi Film Awards( Best Actor) for the film ‘Jatt & Juliet,’ PTC Punjabi Music Award( Best Bhangra Song of the Year and Best Pop Vocalist Male) for the song “Kharku” also received Brit Asia TV Music Awards(Best Album of the Year) for the album “Back 2 Basics.”
- In 2014, he also got PTC Punjabi Film Awards( Best Actor) for the “Jatt & Juliet 2” PTC Punjabi Music Award(Best Pop Vocalist Male & Most Popular Song of the Year) for the song “Proper Patola”.
- Late in 2015, Diljit Dosanjh received the PTC Punjabi Film Award( Most Popular Song of the Year) for the song “Happy Birthday,”, Mirchi Music Award (Listeners’ Choice Film Song of the Yea)r for the song “Swaah Banke,” and received Mirchi Music Award(Film Album of the Year & Listeners) Choice Film Album of the Year for the film “Punjab 1984”. In the same year, he also received the PTC Punjabi Music Award(Best Pop Vocalist Male for a Single), Brit Asia TV World Music Award(Best Bhangra Song of the Year), and also Mirchi Music Award( Best Single World, Best Male Act, Song of the Year – Non-Film) for the song “Patiala Peg”.
- He also received the PTC Punjabi Film Award ( Most Popular Song of the Year )for the song “Veervaar”, PTC Punjabi Music Award (Most Popular Song of the Year & Best Bhangra Song of the Year) for the song “5 Taara” in 2016.
- In 2017, Diljit Dosanjh was awarded Filmfare Award(Best Debut Actor Male) for the film “Udta Punjab”. Later Filmfare Punjabi Award( Best Actor Male) for the film “Ambarsariya” and (Best Playback Singer Male) for the song “Mitran Da Junction” (Sardaarji 2)
- In,2018 he also received Dadasaheb Phalke Award for the Most Trending Personality of the Year.
- In 2020, Diljit received Zee Cine Awards(Best Comic Actor) for “Good Newwz” and also PTC Punjabi Film Awards(Best Actor) for “Shadaa”,
Salary and Net Worth
Diljit Dosanjh takes ₹4 crores/film. He has an estimated net worth of ₹170 crores.
Diljit Dosanjh Contact Address
|Phone Number||He didn’t like to share his Phone number publicly.|
- Diljit Dosanjh attracted controversy when some Punjabi women raised their voices against the songs of Diljit, Jazzy B, and Yo Yo Honey Singh, as they considered it vulgar and anti-cultural.
- Later, in December 2012, a team of the Income Tax Department raided the residence of Diljit Dosanjh in Ludhiana.
- In December 2020, Diljit had a war of words with Kangana Ranaut after she misidentified an elderly woman as the ‘Dadi’ (Bilkis Bano of Shaheen Bagh fame) through one of her tweets in which she doubted the intention of her taking part in the ongoing farmers’ protest against the central government’s newly drafted farmer’s bills. Later, the older woman was found to be a Sikh woman, Mahinder Kaur. Following this, Diljit took to Twitter to condemn Kangana’s remarks on the older woman. This Twitter war became intense after Kangana retaliated and addressed Diljit, a ‘pet’ of filmmaker Karan Johar.
Facts about Diljit Dosanjh
- Diljit Dosanjh is the 1st south Asian artist to visit the US headquarters of Facebook, Google, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube in one day.
- Rajinder Singh from Finetone was the person who asked him to spell his name as ‘Diljit’ instead of ‘Diljit’.
- Diljit’s father’s salary was around ₹5,000.
- In 2013, on the occasion of his birthday, he started an NGO called “Saanjh Foundation”, focusing on underprivileged children and seniors, contributing to orphanages and old age homes as well as endeavours youth empowerment with issues like self-confidence, well-being, anti-bullying, mentoring, and also career development.
- In 2017, it was rumoured that Diljit had purchased a Cessna 340A Jet Plane. However, the actor later clarified that the jet was just called to drop him in Rajasthan for a film shoot. He also told that he doesn’t own any private jet.
- In 2020, Diljit Dosanjh entered the Social 50 chart by Billboard, following the release of his 11th album “GOAT”, and also, the album entered the top 20 in Canadian Albums Chart.
- Diljit Dosanjh becomes the first turbaned Sikh to get Madame Tussaud’s wax statue.
- Diljit Dosanjh is a die-hard fan of American Tv personality Kylie Jenner. He is often seen commenting on her posts on social media platform.
- Diljit considers Johnny Depp’s role “Captain Jack Parrow” in “Pirates of the Caribbean” as his dream role.