Bhumi Pednekar is a Bollywood actress who mainly works in Hindi films. She loves experimenting with her characters. After working for six years as an assistant casting director with Shanoo Sharma in Yash Raj Films, she debuted with the film “Dum Laga Ke Haisha” under the banner of Yash Raj Films. She has worked in many films like “Toilet: Ek Prem Katha” (2017), “Sonchiriya” (2019), “Bala’ (2019, and also “Pati Patni Aur Woh”(2019).
Bhumi Pednekar Biography & Wiki
Bhumi Pednekar’s nickname is Bhumi. She was born on 18 July 1989, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Hence, her current age is 31 years. Bhumi’s Zodiac is Cancer.
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height in centimeters||163 cm|
|Height in meters||1.63 m|
|Height in inches||5′ 4″|
|Weight in Kilograms||60 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||132 lbs|
Bhumi Pednekar Family Members
Bhumi Pednekar’s father was Late Satish Pednekar, a Former Home and Labour Minster of Maharashtra and her mother is Sumitra Pednekar, who worked as an Anti-Tobacco Activist. She has a twin sister, Samiksha Pednekar, a lawyer who works in a reputed law firm.
Boys, affairs, spouse name
Bhumi Pednekar’s relationship status is unmarried. Also. Bhumi is single for a long time. It is rumored to be dating Jackky Bhagnani. Both the actors completely rubbished the news. Bhumi confronted that she is not seeing anybody and would never keep a secret about her relationship status.
Education and School, College
Bhumi attended Mumbai’s Arya Vidya Mandir School, and after that, she went to Whistling Woods International (Communication & Media Arts) Mumbai to study acting. However, she was expelled from the institute due to poor attendance. Next, Bhumi enrolled in the University of Mumbai to pursue a Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.).
Favorites Things and Like & Dislike
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Priyanka Chopra|
|Favourite Food||Missi Roti, Butter Chicken, Dal Makhni, Chocolates, Pizza, Bharta|
|Favorite Film||Raja Hindustani|
|Hobbies||Reading, Practising Yoga|
|Favourite Travel Destination||Ibiza|
|Favourite Disney Character||Ariel|
|Favourite Player||Lionel Messi|
|Favourite Car||Land Rover Range Rover|
Bhumi Pednekar filmography
Bhumi Pednekar started her career as an assistant casting director with Shanoo Sharma in Yash Raj Films. She served as the assistant casting director for six years before venturing into acting. In, 2015 Bhoomi started her acting career with the film “Dum Laga Ke Haisa.” After the commercial success of “Dum Laga Ke Haisha,” actress Rani Mukherjee was so impressed with Bhumi’s performance that she visited Yashraj’s office to congratulate her. She won the hearts of critics with his best acting in this film. Bhoomi also appeared in the web series “Men’s World,” which was on gender inequality, released on YouTube on 29 September 2015.
After that, Bhumi disappeared from the silver screen in 2016, but the following year in 2017, she again forced critics to praise her for two awesome films. In the year 2017, she appeared in “Toilet Ek Prem Katha.” This film made on social issues also managed to earn well at the box office. After this, in the same year, Bhoomi appeared in the comedy-drama film “Shubh Mangal Savdhan.”
In 2018, Bhumi also featured in the Netflix film “Lust Stories.”
In 2019, She did four-film, which were “Sonchiriya,” “Saand Ki Aankh,” “Bala,” and “Pati Patni Aur Woh.” In the next year, She had also four release, out of four “Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan“(Special appearance), “Bhoot – Part One: The Haunted Ship” were two theater release, and “Dolly Kitty Aur Woh Chamakte Sitare“(Netflix Film), “Durgamati“(Amazon Prime film) were two OTT release. “Badhaai Ho” and “Mr. Lele” are two upcoming films of Bhumi.
Award And Recognitions
Bhumi Pednekar won seven awards for her debuted film “Dum Laga Ke Haisha,” out of seven, five were “Filmfare Awards,” “Producers Guild Film Awards,” “Screen Awards,” “Zee Cine Awards,” and “International Indian Film Academy Awards” in the category of Best Female Debut and rest two were “Stardust Awards“(Superstar of Tomorrow – Female) and also “BIG Star Entertainment Awards“(Most Entertaining Actor in a Social Role – Female).
Later in 2020, She also received two awards for the film “Saand Ki Aankh” in the category of Critics Award for Best Actress, which were “Filmfare Awards” and “Screen Awards.” In 2020, Bhumi also received the “Zee Cine Awards” (Best Supporting Actress) for the movie “Bala.”
Salary and Net Worth
As per sources, Bhumi Pednekar charges around ₹2-3 Cr (approx) for each film, and her estimated net worth is around $8.5 million.
|Phone Number||She didn’t like to share his Phone number publicly.|
|Email Id||Not Available|
Facts about Bhumi Pednekara
- Bhumi Pednekar comes from a mix of cultures as her father was a Maharashtrian and her mother, a Haryanvi.
- Bhumi’s father died of oral cancer.
- Bhumi’s mother, Sumitra, worked as an anti-tobacco activist after the death of her husband from oral cancer.
- Bhumi was a bright student from her childhood days. Not only in her academics, but she was equally good in her co-curricular too
- At the age of 15, her mother took out a study loan to study acting at Whistling Woods International ( Subhash Ghai’s Acting School), but she was expelled due to poor attendance.
- Just a few months before turning 18, Bhumi realized about a vacancy at Yash Raj Films. Excited by the thought of being around films and cinema, she applied for the “assistant casting director” post without any second thought. She was eventually selected and served as the assistant casting director for six years, spending the latter six years under the tutelage of Shanoo Sharma, YRF’s senior casting director.
- Also, Bhumi was part of “Chak de! India” and “Rocket SINGH: salesman of the year” as an assistant director.
- When she worked as an assistant casting director, she also auditioned “Ranveer Singh” for “Band Baaja Baaraat.”
- For her role in “Dum Laga Ke Haisha,” Bhumi gained around 25 kg of weight. Post the film’s release, she also subsequently lost around 27 kg.
- In 2019, she started a climate Warriors campaign to create awareness about global warming and environmental issues.
- In 2020, Bhumi also became part of MTV India’s “Nishedh.”
- Bhumi is vocal about pay parity. She feels that it is extremely insulting and humiliating to get paid less because of her gender.
- She has seen Kamaal Rashid Khan, a.k.a KRK’s Deshdrohi, around 100 times.
- Her Facebook and Twitter bio reads- “aim to be a future leader….”