Arjun Kapoor is a popular Bollywood Actor and philanthropist. Starting from the film Assistant Direction, Arjun Kapoor has now established himself as a successful and skilled Actor in the Hindi Film Industry. In 2012, he debuted with the critically acclaimed film “Ishaqzade.” Arjun is the son of Director and Producer Boney Kapoor.
Arjun Kapoor Biography & Wiki
Some nicknames of Arjun are Fubbu and Joon. He was born on 26 June 1985 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Hence, his current age is 36 years. Arjun Kapoor’s Zodiac is Cancer.
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height in centimeters||183 cm|
|Height in meters||1.83 m|
|Height in feet inches||6’|
|Weight in Kilograms||85 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||187 lbs|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
Arjun Kapoor Tattoo
On His Right Wrist: “Maa” written in Hindi.
Arjun Kapoor Family Members
Arjun belongs to a talented family in the Indian film industry. His father’s name is Boney Kapoor, the famous Producer and Director. His mother’s name is Late Mona Shourie Kapoor, who was a Tv Producer. Arjun’s paternal grandfather was Late Surinder Kapoor(Indian Film Producer). His Maternal Grandmother was Late Sattee Shourie( Film Producer ). Arjun has a younger sister, Anshula Kapoor, a former employee in Google and performed in numerous stage plays as a lead actress. He has two half-sisters, with his step-mother Late Sridevi (Actress ), Janhvi Kapoor (Actress), and Khushi Kapoor.
Arjun Kapoor’s uncle Anil Kapoor and Sanjay Kapoor are both actors. His cousins are Sonam Kapoor Ahuja (Actress), Rhea Kapoor(Indian film producer), Shanaya Kapoor, Jahaan Kapoor, Harshvardhan Kapoor(Actor), and Mohit Marwah(Actor). Also, he is a distant relative of Ranveer Singh(Actor), as Ranveer is the second cousin to his first cousin Sonam Kapoor Ahuja.
Girls, affairs, spouse name
Firstly, Arjun Kapoor was in a relationship with Arpita Khan, the sister of Salman Khan. The relationship was quite serious and lasted for two years.
Later, As per media, Arjun Kapoor and Sonakshi Sinha had begun to date during their film named “Tevar” (2015), although they reportedly called it quits shortly after completing the film. After that, in 2016, he is into an affair with Malaika Arora Khan, which had led to the broken marriage of Malaika with her husband, Arbaaz Khan.
Education and School, College
Arjun Kapoor did his elementary schooling study at the Arya Vidya Mandir school in Mumbai.
Favorites Things and Like & Dislike
|Favourite Actor||Salman Khan, Ranbir Kapoor, Hrithik Roshan, Govinda, and Saif Ali Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Priyanka Chopra, And Kareena Kapoor|
|Favorite Films||Mr India, Andaaz Apna Apna, Barfi, Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels, Snatch, Shawshank Redemption, City of God, And A Fish Called Wanda|
|Favorite Movie Genre||Action, Comedies And Thrillers|
|Favorite TV Show||How to Get Away with Murder, Entourage, Lost|
|Favorite Book||Heavier Than Heaven by Charles R. Cross|
|Favourite Food||Dirty Chinese, Nutella,And Kadi Chawal|
|Favourite Subject||History And Literature|
|Hobbies||Playing Football, Video Games, And Travelling|
|Favorite Sport||Football, And Cricket|
|Favorite Athlete||David Beckhamt|
|Favorite Team||Mumbai Indians, And Chelsea Football Club|
|Favorite Destination||New York, USA, Venice, Puglia in Italy|
|Favorite Outfit||Track Pants and Chappalset|
|Favorite Cars||Aston Martin Rapid|
|Favorite Perfume||Chanel Homme Sport,And Tom Ford Black Orchid|
Arjun Kapoor’s filmography
Before starting a career in acting, Arjun worked as an assistant director for “Kal Ho Naa Ho” (2003) and “Salaam-e-Ishq” (2007)”. After this, he assisted his father in a few films, like “No Entry” (2005) and “Wanted” (2009). In 2012, he debuted with the movie “Ishaqzaade.”His film and his performance got critically acclaimed, and there was no looking back for him. After that, Arjun also featured in some Bollywood movie like ” Gunday” (2014), “2 States” (2014), “Finding Fanny” (2014), “Tevar” (2015), “Ki & Ka” (2015), “Half Girlfriend” (2017), “Mubarakan” (2017), etc.
Recently, Arjun’s two O.T.T. released were “Sardar Ka Grandson” (Netflix) and “Sandeep Aur Pinky Faraar” (Amazon Prime Video). In 2021, he got featured in the music video “Dil Hai Deewana” of Darshan Raval and Zara Khan along with Rakul Preet Singh “Bhoot Police” (2021) and “Ek Villain Returns” (2022) are two upcoming projects of Arjun.
He hosted the “16th IIFA Awards” in Ritz Carlton Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. In 2016, Arjun also hosted the seventh season of “Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi” on Colors T.V.
Award And Recognitions
- Arjun received four awards for his debuted film “Ishaqzaade,” which were, in 2012, “PowerBrands Rising Stars Award” (Hall of Fame Rising Star), “BIG Star Entertainment Awards” (Most Entertaining Actor (Film)” Debut – Male), and in 2013, “Zee Cine Awards” (Best Male Debut), “Stardust Awards” (Superstar of Tomorrow – Male).
- Later, in 2014, he also received “BIG Star Entertainment Awards” in the Most Entertaining Actor in an Action Film – Male for the film “Gunday.”
Salary and Net Worth
Arjun takes ₹5-7 Crore per film. The estimated net worth of Arjun is $10 Million.
|House address||Raheja Orchid Apartment in Juhu, Mumbai|
|Phone Number||He didn’t like to share his Phone number publicly.|
|Email Id||Not Available|
- In 2015, an F.I.R. was lodged against Arjun Kapoor, Karan Johar, Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, and Sonakshi Sinha for their controversial “A.I.B. Roast.” A complaint was filed against them for indulging in indecent behavior in public.
- He further attracted controversy in 2016 when Arjun handed over a bill of ₹1 lakh to his producers after partying and consuming alcohol every night while shooting for “Half Girlfriend.”
- In early 2017, the B.M.C. sent a notice to Arjun after he encroached on the terrace of his building by constructing a 30×16 sq ft brick and glass room without permission. Arjun’s manager met the ward officer and asked for more time to regularize the irregularities. Still, when no further time was given, the B.M.C. issued a notice asking Arjun to demolish the structure. Later, the civic body officials dismantled his gym equipment and demolished the illegal addition at Arjun’s residence.
- Arjun Kapoor has always been trolled for his mediocre acting in his movies.
Facts about Arjun Kapoor
- Arjun Kapoor was 11 when his father separated from his mother and married actress Sridevi, which impacted his life.
- When asked in an interview about his father’s second marriage, Arjun said, “When we were kids, it was difficult. But what can you do? How long will you complain? You have to accept what is, take it on your chin, and move on.” He also added, “We don’t really meet and spend time together so it doesn’t exist.”
- In 2018, after Sridevi died, Arjun stood by Jhanvi and Khushi through thick and thin, and his relationship with his half-sisters Khushi and Jahnvi improved.
- Arjun Kapoor wanted to become a director since he was just 14.
- Also, he was a Kabaddi freak, as he used to bunk his school to play Kabaddi.
- Arjun completed the course in filming and acting from the Asian Academy of Film and Television in Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
- Arjun was an obese teenager, and his weight was around 140 kg. He was also asthmatic at the age of 22, due to which he could not work out.
- On the sets of “No Entry,” he met the actor Salman Khan who saw some potential in Arjun Kapoor and advised him to pursue acting. At that time, his weight was around 140 kg, and he took it as a joke. But when Salman Khan insisted on this, he started working hard to lose weight under the guidance of Salman Khan. Initially, Salman Khan gave him fitness tips. After four years of working on his body and acting skills.
- In 2011, Arjun will debut with a film named “Virus Diwan,” produced under Yash Raj Films, shelved after some time.
- Arjun’s mother wanted him to become an actor, and when he got signed for his first film, his mother was teary-eyed and thanked Salman Khan for his guidance. Unfortunately, she could not see him on screen as she died due to multiple organ failure after battling cancer and hypertension on 25 March 2012( just before two months of releasing Arjun’s debuted film ).
- His Maternal Grandmother Sattee Shourie also died in 2016, who was also a great support to Arjun.
- Arjun admires Salman Khan a lot and considers him as his role model. Moreover, her mother’s last call from the hospital was to Salman Khan and thanked him for supporting his son.
- He is a movie buff and loves watching all kinds of films, and in a rapid-fire with Bollywood Hungama, Arjun shared that he so much loved Kareena Kapoor Khan’s acting in “Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Ghum” that he learned all her dialogues.
- While shooting for his movie “Ishaqzaade,” he suffered a spasm in his hamstring muscle, but he took just a few minutes rest and then was back at the shoot.
- Arjun was the first choice for the role of Guru in “Ek Villain,” but he didn’t want to play one more negative role after “Aurangzeb,” so the role went to Sidharth Malhotra. But, he will play the role of “Guru Chawla” in the sequel of “Ek Villain,” named “Ek Villain Returns” (2022).
- He said that he has a man-crush on Hrithik Roshan and whenever Arjun finds him around, he gets distracted from his work.
- Once, Arjun shared how he got the nickname “Fubu,” which was due to his size, as there were fewer brands that could fit in his size, so he used to wear football jerseys of an American brand called “Fubu,” and his friends started calling him Fubu.
- Arjun is a keen football fan and an avid supporter of “Chelsea F.C.” while also being the club’s brand ambassador for India.
- He was the co-owner of the ISL team F.C. Pune City.
- In 2014 and again in 2015, Arjun supported and endorsed the Earth Hour initiative in India. He was the Indian ambassador for the “World Wide Fund” for Nature (W.W.F.). Along with creating awareness for Earth Hour, he has also helped raise awareness for conservation in the Sundarbans region of the country.
- In 2015, Arjun also supported the United Nations “Global Goals campaign” represented India at the Global Citizen Festival in New York City. He gave a speech highlighting India’s progress as a nation and the challenges faced by the country.
- Later, in 2017, Arjun joined hands with the global movement and campaign to empower and educate women – Girl Rising. Philips also roped him as the brand ambassador for its “Male Grooming” business.
- Although he is a meat lover, he is allergic to seafood.
- Arjun is also a brand ambassador for “Flying Machine,” “Royal Stag,” and Hero Cycles(World’s leading bicycle manufacturer).
- He also endorses “Smith & Jones ketchup,” “condiments and sauces,” and “Admiral England Sportswear & Sportshoes.”
- Arjun has a phobia of ceiling fans and doesn’t have a single ceiling fan in his house.
- His girlfriend Malaika Arora is almost 12 years older than him.