Vishal Veeru Devgan, better known as Ajay Devgn, is one of the most brilliant and versatile actors in Bollywood. Apart from an actor, he is also a director, writer, producer, businessman, and philanthropist. He is popularly known for his stunts, especially standing on two moving bikes. “Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior,” released on January 10, 2020, is Ajay Devgn’s 100th film. He is the recipient of several awards, including two “National Film Awards” and four “Filmfare Awards.” Ajay Devgn also received the Padma Shri, the fourth-highest civilian honor of the country, in 2016.
Ajay Devgn Biography & Wiki
Some nicknames of Ajay Devgn are Ajay and Raju. He was born on 2 April 1969 in New Delhi, India. His Hometown is Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Hence, his current age is 52 years. Ajay Devgn’s Zodiac is Aries.
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height in centimeters||178 cm|
|Height in meters||1.78 m|
|Height in feet inches||5’ 10”|
|Weight in Kilograms||80 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||176 lbs|
Ajay Devgn’s Tattoo
On His Chest – “Lord Shiva“.
Ajay Devgn Family Members
Ranbir’s father’s name is Late Veeru Devgan, a stunt choreographer and action-film director in Bollywood. His mother’s name is Veena Devgan, who is a film producer. Ajay has a sister, Neelam Devgan. His cousin Anil Devgan is a filmmaker and screenwriter.
Girls, affairs, spouse name
Firstly, Ajay Devgn and Raveena Tandon had a relationship for some time. Then, he started dating Bollywood actress Karishma Kapoor while filming “Jigar” (1992), but their relationship ended soon in 1995.
Then, Ajay met Kajol for the first time on the sets of “Hulchul” (1995), but they didn’t like each other because of their different personalities. Later, during the shoot of “Gundaraj” (1995), the tables got turned, and the duo blossomed into love. After dating each other for a few years, on February 24, 1999, the couple married in a traditional Maharashtrian Hindu ceremony at the Ajay Devgn home.
They together have a daughter named Nysa, born on April 20, 2003, and a Son named Yug was born on September 13, 2010.
Education and School, College
Ajay Devgn has completed School education at Silver Beach High School in Juhu. After that, he has done his graduation from Mithibai College.
Favorites Things and Like & Dislike
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan, Al Pacino, Jack Nicholson, And Anthony Hopkins|
|Favorite Films||Guide, The Others, and The Sixth Sense|
|Favorite Director||Vijay Anand|
|Favorite Musician||Kenny Rogers|
|Favorite Music Genre(s)||Western, Slow Sensible Music|
|Favorite Song||Tune Mujhe Pehchana Nahin|
|Favorite Outfit||Jeans And T-shirt|
|Favourite Food||Bengali, Roast Chicken, Fish Curry and Rice, Continental Cuisines, And Chinese Bang-Bang Chicken|
|Favourite Pet||Dog (English Mastiff)|
|Favourite Restaurant||Mainland China in Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Sketching, Trekking,And Cooking|
|Favorite Destination||London, San Francisco,And Goa|
|Favorite Perfume Brand||Polo|
|Favorite Cars||SUV Rolls Royce Cullinan, Mercedes Z Class, Range Rover, Ferrari, Maserati, BMW Z4, and Toyota Celica|
Ajay Devgn’s filmography
In 1985, Ajay Devgn made his first on-screen appearance as a child artist in the film “Pyari Behna,” where he played the child version of the Mithun Chakraborty character( Kalicharan). After that, he got his first lead role in 1991 in the Bollywood film “Phool Aur Kaante.” After that, he worked in numerous hit films like “Jigar” (1992), “Dilwale” (1994), “Vijaypath” (1994), “Suhaag” (1994), “Diljale” (1996), “Ishq” (1997), “Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha” (1998), “Zakhm” (1998), “Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam” (1999) etc.
In 2006, Ajay Devgn and Rohit Shetty again collaborated for “Golmaal: Fun Unlimited,” that the combination of the duo become the successful formula of box-office and movies of the pair were, “Golmaal Returns” (2008), “All the Best: Fun Begins” (2009), “Golmaal 3” (2010), “Singham” (2011), “Bol Bachchan” (2012), “Singham Returns” (2014), and “Golmaal Again” (2017). The upcoming projects of the duo are “Sooryavanshi,” “Golmaal 5“, and “Singham 3“. In 1994, he worked as an assistant director under Deepak Shivdasani for the film “Madam X.” After that, in 2008, “U Me Aur Hum” become his directorial debuted film, he also wrote and produced this film. Ajay’s next directed wrote, and the grown film was “Shivaay” (2016).
In 2000, Ajay started his production company with the name “Ajay Devgn FFilms,” and the first film that was produced under his production company is “Raju Chacha” (2000). Some produced film of him was “The Awakening” (2006). In 2022, His upcoming project as an actor, director, and producer is “Mayday.” He also produced some TV serials like in 2002-2004 “Devi” (Sony Tv) and “Swami Ramdev – Ek Sangharsh” (Discovery Jeet) in 2018. In 2008, he also appeared as a judge alongside Kajol in the show named “Rock-N-Roll Family” (Zee Tv). in 2012, Ajay also narrated the show called “Ramleela – Ajay Devgn Ke Saath” (Life OK).
Ajay’s upcoming movie is “Bhuj: The Pride of India,” which releases the OTT platform(Disney+ & Hotstar) on Independence Day 2021. His upcoming movies are “Maidaan.” “Gangubai Kathiawadi“, “Thank God“, “Chanakya“, “Raid 2“. “Rudra – The Edge Of Darkness” is his forthcoming debuted Web series(Disney+ & Hotstar). In 2006, Ajay also debuted the Bhojpuri film industry with “Dharti Kahe Pukar Ke.” Ajay will also make his Tollywood debut with SS Rajamouli’s Pan India patriotic actioner “RRR” and collaborate with Yash Raj Films on a superhero movie directed by Shiv Rawail.
Also, Ajay Devgn announced his next film project, which will be based on the “Galwan Valley clash.”
Award And Recognitions
Because of Ajay’s brilliant performance in the Indian film industry, he receives several awards, including two “National Film Awards” and four “Filmfare Awards.”
- Ajay Devgn received the “National Film Award” in the category of Best Actor twice for the films, “Zakhm” (1998) and “The Legend of Bhagat Singh” (2002).
- He also received four “Filmfare Awards,” which were, in the category of Best Male Debut(1999) for the film “Phool Aur Kaante,” in the category of Best Actor-Critics(2003) for the movie “The Legend of Bhagat Singh” and “Company” and also in the category of Best Performance in a Negative Role(2003) for the film “Deewangee.”
- In 2016, Ajay Devgn was honored by the Government of India with the “Padma Shri,” the fourth-highest civilian honor of the country.
Salary and Net Worth
Ajay takes ₹25 Crore per film. The estimated net worth of Ajay is $40 Million.
|House address||5/6, Sheetal Apartments, Ground Floor, Opposite Chandan Cinema, Juhu, Mumbai And 45/D Malgari Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Phone Number||He didn’t like to share his Phone number publicly.|
|Email Id||Not Available|
Ajay Devgn Controversy
- In the 90s, there were stories about the fight between Raveena Tandon and Karisma Kapoor over him, as Ajay Devgn was dating Raveena before Karisma. Following the break-up, Raveena revealed the stories of Ajay’s betrayal. On the other hand, Ajay clarified by saying, “Tell that girl that she should go ahead and publish those letters, even I want to read the figment of her imagination! For years, our families have known each other; she used to come over to our place because she’s a friend of my sister Neelam. When she started misbehaving, we couldn’t throw her out, could we? I was never close to her. Ask her if I’ve ever called her up or talked to her on my own. She’s just trying to get publicity by linking her name to mine.”
- Later in 2009, Karan Ramsay (Producer) filed a copyright infringement case against him over the script of the film All The Best. After the legal battle, the case went in favor of Ramsay, but Ajay’s production house claimed that their film was an official remake of an English comedy play, “Right Bed Wrong Husband.”
- After the trailer release of his film “Son of Sardaar” (2012), the Human Rights activist Navkiran Singh filed a case against him and asked him to cut off the derogatory scenes and remarks that wrongly depicted the Sikhs. Following the heat, Ajay Devgn made the changes suggested by them.
- In 2012, he further attracted controversy. Before the Diwali release of his film “Son of Sardaar” (2012) and Yash Chopra’s “Jab Tak Hai Jaan” (2012), Ajay filed a legal complaint against Yashraj Films claiming that they had manipulated distributors and exhibitors in getting more screens for their film.
- Later, in 2016, after the trailer release of Karan Johar’s “Ae Dil Hai Mushkil” (2016) and Ajay Devgn’s “Shivaay” (2016), KRK gave biased reviews in favor of “Ae Dil Hai Mushkil.” Following it, Ajay claimed that Karan Johar paid KRK for the trailer reviews.
Facts about Ajay Devgn
- In August 2009, Ajay Devgn changed the spelling of his surname Devgan to Devgn at the request of his family.
- He is a practicing “Lord Shiva.”
- At the age of 9, he started driving, as his father was a stunt choreographer and allowed him to go on sets.
- He got great laurels from the audience for his stunts performed in the film. Moreover, his two motorcycle balancing trick got so famous after “Phool Aur Kaante” (1991) that it was often used in his other films later.
- Ajay was the first choice for the film “Karan Arjun” (1995), which later went to Salman Khan. After that, he was also asked to star in “Darr” (1993), but due to some reasons, he was rejected, and Shah Rukh Khan got the role.
- About 60 international designers designed Ajay’s costumes in the movie “Rascals” (2011)
- In October 2015, Ajay Devgn established a visual effects company, ‘NY VFXWAALA,’ named after his kids, Nysa and Yug. It has been involved with many major films, such as “Prem Ratan Dhan Payo” (2015), “Tamasha” (2015), “Bajirao Mastani” (2015), “Dilwale” (2015), “Force 2” (2016), “Mersal” (2017), “Simmba” (2018), “Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior “(2020). In addition, the company won the Best Special Effects award at the” 64th National Film Awards” for the film Shivaay (2016).
- He couldn’t receive his first National Award for “Zakhm” (1998) because he was shooting in Ooty on that day, and the only flight to Delhi got canceled.
- The audience critically acclaimed Ajay Devgn’s performance in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s “Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam” (1999). It was revealed that Ajay and Aishwarya hardly interacted with each other on the sets, but the two were impressive on-screen.
- After his award-winning performance in Zakhm, he was expected to be seen in the movie “Singer,” but the film got shelved due to the producer’s involvement in 1993 bomb blasts. Then, again in 1999, his starring in Feroz Khan’s “Qurbaan Tujh Par Meri Jung” was shelved.
- He was the first person, outside the Bachchan family, who knew about Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Abhishek Bachchan’s marriage.
- Though Ajay looks a bit serious and introverted in interviews and amongst media, but in reality, he is a prankster.
- Ajay Devgn is a supporter of the Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) and is also their star campaigner.
- He loves collecting shoes and sunglasses, has 300+ shoes and 200+ sunglasses/glares.
- Ajay is quite overprotective about his daughter. So he waits patiently till she gets back home.
- He doesn’t like his photos being clicked.
- Ajay has never gone to an award show despite getting “Filmfare Awards” a few times and various nominations. He believes that all these award ceremonies are pre-decided and venal.
- He is very keen on doing organic farming, and whenever he goes to his Karjat farmhouse, he loves growing eggplants, ladies finger, radish, and fresh tomatoes. However, whenever he is not in Karjat, he has an excellent staff to take care of his 28-acre farm. Moreover, the Ajay Devgn farm mangoes have also won the Best Mango Prize at the Raigad Zilla Mango Competition.
- Bhansali also chose Ajay for the lead in his movie “Bajirao Mastani” (2015), but Ranveer Singh replaced him due to some money and date issues.
- For his film “Action Jackson” (2014), he lost around 17 kgs of weight to perform action sequences, especially the sword-fighting ones.
- He was approached by the producers of “Drishyam” (2015) post delay of his home production, and he got agreed to do the movie only on one condition, which was to complete it within three months. The producers assured him this, and the film was a big hit.
- Ajay Devgn is many company brand ambassador like “Sangam Textile,” “Hajmola,” “Hosiery Sirtex Easy,” “Whirlpool,” “Malabar Jewellers,” “Bagpiper,” “Leader,” “Vimal Pan Masala,” and “Vimal Elaichi.”
- Due to the coronavirus lockdown, several daily wage workers bore the brunt of it. So Ajay made a hefty donation of ₹51 Lakhs to better workers who survive on a daily wage from the film industry.
- Ajay Devgn is also involved with the NGO “Smile Foundation.” He mainly works in creating awareness among the underprivileged girls who are not given primary education.
- He also speaks out on environmental matters. They even spoke about the importance of protecting and preserving the Earth through Instagram posts.