Aishwarya Rai is an Indian actress and model. She is the winner of the Miss World 1994 pageant. In 2003, she became the 2nd Indian actress (1st was Parveen Babi) to appear on the cover page of the TIME magazine. She is one of the most beautiful women in the world. Furthermore, She is one of the most photographed Bollywood women. Ash made her acting debut in 1997 with Mani Ratnam’s Tamil film Iruvar. Her Hindi debut is “Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya”
Aishwarya Rai Biography & Wiki
Aishwarya Rai’s nicknames are Ash and Gullu. She was born on 1 November 1973 in Mangalore, Karnataka, India in a Hindu family. Hence, her current age is 47 years. Aishwarya’s Zodiac is Scorpio.
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height in centimeters||170 cm|
|Height in meters||1.70 m|
|Height in feet inches||5′ 7″|
|Weight in Kilograms||56 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||123 lbs|
|Eye Colour||Hazel Green Blue|
Aishwarya Rai’s father’s name is Krishnaraj Rai, who was working on the Army as a biologist. Her mother’s name is Vrinda Rai, and she is a Homemaker. She has a brother named Aditya Rai, who is working in the merchant navy as an Engineer. Furthermore, she is the daughter in law of legendary Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan and veteran actress Jaya Bachchan. She has a sweet daughter named Aradhya Bachchan.
Boys, affairs, spouse name
There was a rumor that Aishwarya Rai dated Rajeev Mulchandani on the initial day of her carrier. She was in a serious relationship with Salman Khan. They were in a relationship from 1999 to 2001. After her break-up, she said that she faced abuse (verbal, physical, and emotional) from Salman Khan.
There was a buzz that she was in a relationship with Vivek Oberoi after her break up with Salman. Once, Salman had called Vivek ’41 times’ in one night only and threatened to kill him. To which, Vivek called a press conference at his residence and told the media about the whole conversation.
Finally, she falls in love with Abhishek Bachchan. She is one of the most beautiful women in the country, and he is the son of the most reputed and respected Man in Bollywood. Some say that the sparks of love ignited between the two while shooting for the item song, Kajra Re, on the sets of Bunty Aur Babli. Finally, the couple married on 20 April 2007.
Marriage of Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan
Her lavish wedding in 2007 cost around 6 crores (INR), where she wore a 53-carat solitaire engagement ring worth 50 lakh (INR) and received around 15 kg of gold. Aishwarya Rai Abhishek Bachchan wedding in 2007
Education and School, College
Aishwarya Rai did her schooling from Arya Vidya Mandir, Mumbai. After that, she completed her intermediate education from Jai Hind College, Mumbai. Then she joined D. G. Ruparel College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Mumbai, and securing 90 percent in the HSC exams. She was a bright student and consistently used to score above 90%.
Favorites Things and Like & Dislike
|Favorite Food||Chicken Curry and Chocolates|
|Favorite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan and Raj Kapoor|
|Favorite Film Hollywood||Casablanca (1942)|
|Favorite Directors||Mani Ratnam and Sanjay Leela Bhansali|
|Favourite Book||The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho|
|Favorite Color||Black, Blue, and White|
|Favorite Perfume||Happy by Clinique|
|Favorite Fashion Designer||Giorgio Armani|
|Favorite Destination||France, Dubai and South Africa|
Aishwarya Rai career
During her 12th standard, Aishwarya’s English professor asked her to do a photoshoot for a fashion magazine, as she was also a photojournalist. After doing it, she started getting modeling offers, but she refused them as she wanted to concentrate on her studies. But, after her 12th exams, the glamour world attracted her, and she did modeling for a lark. At the age of 18, she won an international supermodel contest that was organized by Ford Motor Company.
Aishwarya was the hot favorite to win the 1994 Miss India title, but she lost it to Sushmita Sen, mainly due to her lack of public speaking skills. The same year, she won the Miss World title on 19 November 1994 in South Africa. During the Miss World title days in South Africa, all the 82 contestants and the organizers gave her a big surprise birthday bash by singing ‘Happy Birthday’ in their respective languages. After winning that pageant, she received lots of offers from the Indian film industry.
Aishwarya Rai Filmography
Before becoming famous, she tried her luck in voice-dubbing for a TV serial but rejected. In 1993, she came into limelight with her Pepsi commercial alongside Aamir Khan and Mahima Chaudhry. She is the only actress to have featured for both Pepsi and Coca Cola. Finally, she debuted in a Tamil movie named Iruvar in 1997. She debuted in Bollywood in Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya, in which she played the lead role of Ashi Kailashnath, opposite Bobby Deol.
After that, Aishwarya acted in numerous Bollywood hit films like Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam (1999), Taal (1999), Mohabbatein (2000), Devdas (2002), Dhoom 2 (2006), Jodhaa Akbar (2008), Guzaarish (2010), etc. After film Guzaarish (2010), she took a break for five years from the film industry and then came back in 2015 with the Sanjay Gupta’s film Jazbaa.
She was offered the role of Briseis in the film Troy (2004), but she turned down the offer. She debuted in Hollywood in 2009 Harald Zwart-directed spy comedy The Pink Panther 2. Starring alongside Steve Martin, Jean Reno, and Emily Mortimer
Awards and recognition
- In 2009 She was honored with the Padma Shri by the Government of India.
- She received Ordre des Arts et des Lettres by the Government of France in 2012.
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan was the first Indian actress to be a jury member at the Cannes Film Festival.
- She won 2 Best Actress awards at Filmfare for Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam (1999) and Devdas (2002).
Salary and Net Worth
Aishwarya Rai’s current net worth is $35 million. She is taking ₹9-10 crore per movie as a salary.
Aishwarya has many houses in multiple locations in the world.
Kapol Housing Society,
VL Mehta Road,
Villa in Sanctuary Falls
Jumeirah Golf Estates
|Phone Number||She didn’t like to share his Phone number publicly.|
|Email Id||Not Available|
- In 1996, she sued the Star and Style magazine for an amount of $20 million (2 crore INR) for publishing that actress Raveena Tandon had caught her and Akshay Kumar in a compromising position at the poolside of a 5-star hotel.
- After the casting couch sting operation of Shakti Kapoor in 2005, he said that Aishwarya had traded sexual favors for a spot in Subhash Ghai’s movies. But, later, he apologized for his words and considered it as a result of his anger.
Facts about Aishwarya Rai
- Aishwarya did her 1st ad commercial for Camlin pencils when she was in the 9th standard.
- If not an actress, she would have either been an architect or in medicine line as she always liked Zoology.
- Julia Roberts once said that “Aishwarya Rai is the most beautiful woman in the world.”
- She is a trained classical dancer.
- During the making of the song Dola Re Dola from the film Devdas (2002), she suffered from ear bleeding due to heavy earrings.
- After the success of the film Devdas (2002), Mattel released a limited edition of ‘Aishwarya Rai Barbie dolls’ in the United Kingdom.
- During the shooting of her film Khakee (2004), she had an accident due to the out of control car of the stuntman, after which she suffered severe cuts.
- In 2004, she became the 1st Indian actress to have her wax statue at London’s Madame Tussauds museum.
- She founded the Aishwarya Rai Foundation in 2004 to support needy people in India.
- She was initially signed to play the role of Simmi in the film Bluffmaster (2005) but was later replaced by Priyanka Chopra without any notice. After the film was made, Rohan Sippy, the director of the film added a ‘Special thanks” message for her in the end credits as an apology.
- A variety of Tulip flowers in the Netherlands is named Aishwarya Rai.
- She and her family own a production company, Target Films.
- She has been supporting the Eye Bank Association of India (EBAI), PETA India, Polio Campaign.
- In 2009, she became the 1st Indian and South Asian actress to appear in the famous Oprah Winfrey Show.
- Her daughter Aaradhya is popularly known as Beti B.
- She is a good friend of Preity Zinta and Twinkle Khanna.
- She has Katsaridaphobia, i.e. fear of cockroaches.